Project Transition Lead
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Contract Manager in driving forward project deliverables, tracking progress and supporting in project administration.
Six Sigma certification is a preference (yellow belt/green belt/black belt)
- Liaise with and expedite the flow of information related to the project.
- Set-up the shared drive structure and maintain all relevant documents in an organized manner
- Support the Contract Manager to develop a detailed and logical programme to be rolled out across the project
- Based on the delivery programme, develop trackers and full contract launch toolkit ready for start of the project
- Proactively engage and communicate with workstream leads and key stakeholders in order to manage the update and monitoring of the programme
- Support in delivery of workshops and meetings relevant to the project launch
- Monitor all weekly trackers and liaise with the different departments involved to provide clear updates to the Contract Manager on progress, issues and risk (reporting by exception)
- Create weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports and track progress in a timely manner
- Set up and administer Project Team Meetings and ensure that all outputs are circulated in a timely manner
- Identify and escalate key risks to the Contract Manager in a proactive and timely manner and assist with putting recovery plans in place
- Maintain and organized audit trail of projects
- Administer the receipt, timely response to and sending of formal correspondence to client and key stake holders, ensuring ease establishing correspondence trail
- Ensure all formal meetings have agreed TOR, Attendance List, Agenda, Inputs and Outputs, and manage the meeting calendar and timely preparation of the inputs and outputs
- Have a capacity to launch and manage short, sharp tasks and cross-functional projects
- Perform and carry out any other duties as instructed / directed by the management
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Ability to work to flexible hours, in a trusted environment and to demonstrate absolute discretion
- Comfortable with high degree of uncertainty, flexibility to respond to issues, meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, respond and deliver in a time-sensitive environment
- Advanced level user of MS Office tools, (especially Word, Excel, Visio)
- Preferably minimum 5 years' experience, in delivering or administration of projects or programmes
- Basic working knowledge of planning tools such as Excel / Project
- Experience in liaising with officers at all levels within an organization on matters pertaining to the functions covered by this position
- Six Sigma certification is a preference (yellow belt/green belt/black belt)
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco, you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - Serco Inspire (Gender), Serco Embrace (Multicultural), and Serco Unlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.