Our client supplies innovative solutions to local and international investors with an end-to-end service solution, meaning they are able to provide quality and a market leading performance.
Over the past ten years they have facilitated circa £1 billion in aggregate property investments and the signs for growth are strong.
The role is a varied role focused on 2 key aspects of Property Accounting function as set out below in the scope of works:
1. Client Accounting
Manage of all financial matters affecting the properties.
Produce the month end management accounts specific to the Property portfolios, including VAT, bank and control account reconciliations
All balances understood monthly, specifically the rent, service charge and direct recovery funds
Prepare quarterly cash reconciliations
Prepare statutory accounts for estate management companies
Raise income demands in accordance with internal timetables
Actively seek improvements to the procedures within the department.
Issues resolved or escalated on a timely basis
Work with the wider finance team as appropriate
2. Supporting the Surveying and Site teams
Produce the year end accounts and manage audit to ensure service charge packs are issued on time
Support the Property teams and surveyors including quarterly service charge reviews and mid year forecasts and ad- hoc queries.
Provide financial support to new initiatives and commercial projects
Attend occupier meetings where requested and assist with any client queries
Set-up new clients & properties on property management system and general ledger.
Review accounts prior to handover
Support with ad-hoc reports as required
3. Budgets and Forecasting
Coordinate the production of the annual service charge budgets with the Property teams in accordance with RICS guidelines.
Cashflow management for each property to ensure suppliers can be paid
The successful candidate will be ambitious and proactive person with a desire to represent the Finance function across the organisation. Building trust and credibility through their eye for detail, analytics and understanding of their customer's needs (weather internal or external). This person will have a desire to grow the role in line with the organisation growth and their own personal growth.
Other personal requirements are in their skill, competency, experience and academic qualifications as set out below;
* Well organised, able to prioritise tasks and work under pressure on a diverse portfolio
* Strong communication skills both verbally and written
* Proactive individual who can work autonomously but also as part of a larger team
* Ability to produce Client Statements
* Some knowledge of UK (FRS102)
* Ability to produce and submit VAT returns
* Minimum 3 - 4 years commercial property accounting
* Preferably with experience focused on shopping centers
* Experience working with Qube and Sage L50 or similar integrated accounting package
* Experience working with Statutory Accounts software and Preparation Package
* ACCA, ACA or CIMA Newly qualified