Negotiable salary depending upon experience
REED's Engineering Team are working with a Nottinghamshire based engineering and manufacturing business who are currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team in a compliance focused position.
The business themselves are a market leading manufacturer of sealing solutions and supply to a range of different industries and businesses.
The role of the Quality Engineer will be quite vast, however noted below are a few key points to their role:
- Preparing the business for regulatory audits, against ISO and AS standards.
- Liaising with external auditors when on site.
- Dealing with non conformances on the back of audits, which may involve utilising Quality Tools such as 8Ds to investigate and change processes on site.
- Also liaising with customers on site when they're conducting audits.
- Leading meetings with customers, discussing any quality issues and ways in which the business have responded.
- When speaking with customers, you will be expected to have knowledge of products and documentation related to their orders, which will enable you to have a solid understanding of their requirements.
- You will also take a role in inspecting their products and also the attached documentation prior to release, ensuring that it is correct and compliant too.
- The role will involve a lot of interaction with other departments, in particular Quality and you will be working closely with Inspectors and Engineers making sure their skills are always well polished.
- You will need to utilise Lean Manufacturing techniques to review processes and address any areas for concern.
The right type of person for this role will have a solid manufacturing background, ideally within Quality and also within an Aerospace environment.
- You should also have a Lead Auditor Qualification.
- Ideally have some recognised Lean training.
- And also have a relatable Degree or experience to match.
- The right person will also be someone who is very positive and proactive both in their personality and work ethic.
- As you are customer facing, you need to be able to speak confidently with large organisations, directors, managers and colleagues.
- Although there are no reports, this is a leadership role and you will need to set a great example for others to follow.
- With responsibilities in other countries, travel may be required from time to time.