At Lloyds Banking Group our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers. The role of our Quality Engineers are vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect.
Major Core Programmes Quality Assurance provides a Quality Engineering Centre of Perfection to deliver and continuously improve Quality Engineering through innovation and automation. Driving perfection in testing, supporting Enterprise Transformation Major Core Programmes and Value Streams, with a shared goal of building the best bank of the future.
Want to know more?
You'll help define "Done" from a Quality perspective and deliver Test solutions in line with the Test Strategy and our QA Engineering principles. You'll always have a view of reducing risk through the Test lifecycle and will help drive the overarching Quality Engineering strategy. Your thought process will be automation first making use of a modern toolchain and automation framework.
What we're looking for?
- Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background with some knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools. This includes awareness of Test Data and Environments.
- Be able to project and implement "Automation first" approach in every phase of software delivery process that aids speed to market, better quality and reduces risks.
- Awareness of toolsets including UFT, ALM, Selenium, Cucumber, Perfecto, Appium, Saucelabs, Jenkins , CA Lisa, Jira and Performance Centre; with a willingness to learn those skills that will be needed for success in the future
- Maintain an awareness of industry trends who continually develops themselves with industry standard methodology in order to advance the direction of Quality Engineering in Lloyds
- Understanding of LBG applications or testing toolsets
- Deliver the highest quality customer driven software to production with the team being continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported.
- Work in cross-disciplinary feature teams delivering exciting customer driven solutions and high quality software.
- Be able to showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills whilst expertly working across the project lifecycle to ensure software operates as intended.
- Experience of working with partners in and out of feature teams and projects building long lasting collaborative relationships
- Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well defined, complex and often non-routine.
- Be a quick learner who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry whilst bringing those around them on the same journey.
- Good problem solving, fixing and analytical skills
- Understand the importance of quality and hence create and implement approaches, guidelines, principles defined by themselves and their Quality Engineering peers.
- Enable others to achieve greater results than one can achieve alone and being part of a wider delivery team responsible for end to end solutions.
- Awareness of the entire software development lifecycle and experience of testing on major programmes as well as chapter delivery of software products
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Experience with toolsets such as Selenium, Cucumber, Perfecto, Appium, Cloud based and Performance test tools, Continuous Integration Tools, Service virtualization, Jira, ALM with a focus on industry leading and open source tooling
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and communications skills whilst passionate on working with the team as a good teammate
- Continually develops themselves with industry standard methodology methods and tooling used across their engineering teams
- Experience and knowledge across the entire Test Lifecycle including Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Test Data and Environments
- Experience of using modern software development toolsets and ability to stretch into DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- An automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk
- Have the ability to document and communicate complex software solutions.
- Able to effectively work with multi-disciplinary teams across the software development lifecycle
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Experience of working in a dynamic agile delivery environment
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your dream, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
We're also passionate about diversity and providing genuine equal opportunities...
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus between 10% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you passionate about joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...