Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to work for a company who have been supporting the nuclear industry since its first major expansion in the 1960s?
Join a reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
A trusted and reputable company; who's solutions have been integrated in nearly all of the UK's nuclear sites.
The Quality Engineer is an integral member of the Quality Assurance Team. They are responsible for supporting the creation, implementation and maintenance of defined Quality requirements for the business and for the monitoring and auditing of product and process to ensure compliance.
- Support and facilitate the non-conformance management process, ensuring that nonconformances are recorded and dealt with effectively in a timely manner
- Conduct scheduled external supplier, internal, project, product and process audits in support of the business management system audit program
- Host / support customer and third party, regulatory and statutory audits as required for the business, including any source inspection activities
- Oversight & support for QC and Goods Receiving Inspection to ensure product compliance
- Review and approval of First Article Inspection reports, where required
- Review and approval of certificates of conformity prior to shipment of goods
- Support PFMEA activities as required
- Facilitate and assist Project Managers with the creation, implementation and maintenance of Quality Plans
- Participate in contract reviews to ensure requirements are understood and achieved
- Conduct document reviews in relation to projects, as required
- Support design reviews as required
- Generation, review and approval of deviations (concessions/permits) for the quality function
- Support the review, approval and registration of new and updated documents and forms for the Business Management System
- Assist with the compilation and reporting of quality related metrics
- Maintenance of the approved supplier list and associated ERP system records, as required
- Monitor supplier performance and assist with reporting in vendor review meetings, target actions for supply chain development, as required
- Support the maintenance of the quality stamps register and process
- Perform other reasonable duties as may be required of the role from time to time in support of business and compliance needs
- Educated to a minimum of BTEC ONC level or equivalent, preferably in a Quality-related discipline. HNC level or higher preferred or suitable experience in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Previous experience in a Quality Assurance related position will be essential
- Familiarity with BS EN ISO 9001, AS9100 or other manufacturing industry related Quality standards
- Sound knowledge of Quality management principles and techniques within a manufacturing environment, including a working knowledge of non-conformance management principles and problem solving techniques
- Internal Auditor qualification or demonstrable experience of internal and / or supplier audits, Lead auditor qualification preferred
- Good verbal communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to read and understand mechanical engineering drawings, including an understanding of tolerances, geometric tolerances and weld symbols
- Prior experience of electronic, electromechanical and precision mechanical manufacturing environments desirable
- Prior experience and good understanding of metrology techniques required for the inspection of precision mechanical components
- An understanding of First Article Inspection requirements, with knowledge of AS9102 Aerospace First Article Inspection Requirement - desirable
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Excel and Word; experience of PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience of using ERP systems - preferred
For full information, please get in touch: