£45K - £50K
Daniel Owen has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor at an intermediate level. The role is to work
alongside the commercial, project and design teams with the day-to-day financial control, reporting
and commercial performance of one or more projects from tender to final account. Main sectors of work are Education and Health Care in the East London area.
They are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has previous experience working in this sector.
- Support in the submission of tenders by assisting with the production of Bills of Quantities,
- activity schedules and target costs to the required methods of measurement.
- Ensure effective and up-to-date forecasting of project earned cost, value and cashflow, to
- ensure cash positive positions.
- Liaising with the project team to report on and mitigate risks.
- Assist in the commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and
- accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable as required by the
- commercial director.
- Cashflow management including timed applications / certification / invoicing / payment /
- receipts and careful administration of subcontract accounts.
- Accurate valuations undertaken as required.
- Procurement of subcontract trades as directed.
- Assist with commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Site visits as required to carry out surveying duties.
- Utilise Commercial Management Rules to ensure standards and consistency across the
- Assist in implementing all our policies, company and industry standards and initiatives and manage contractual compliance across all projects as directed.
- Applicants would require a BSc degree in Quantity Surveying and or Commercial
- A Good knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Measurement and valuation.
- Budgets and forecast management.
- Administration of contract records
- Subcontract orders and procurement.
- responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance.
- A high level of IT literacy across packages including MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work on different projects simultaneously and
- maintain accurate and efficient work.
- The ability to work closely with others, drawing information from a number of sources to
- provide the commercial director with well-informed options and achieve best outcomes.
- Must be flexible and quick to adapt to support other work streams as and when required.
- The ability to work in a collaborative manner and achieve positive outcomes for the business.
* £45,000 - £50,000 per annum.
- Millage Allowance
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- State Pension option
- Strong career progression
- Company phone
- Exciting projects
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.