Quantity Surveyor / Manager
London & Surrounding area
£50K - £80K
Daniel Owen has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor / Manager. The role is to work alongside the commercial project team for a major construction firm. Main sectors of work will cover, Refurbishments & Fit-Out on New Offices, New Educational Buildings, Lab Development Building and more.
They are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has previous experience working in this sector.
- To always maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- To operate within the equal opportunities policy framework and implement the policy within this area of work
- As required, to attend training sessions, conferences, and staff meetings in line with our commitment to Investors in People
- Measure & estimate accurately & efficiently
- Liaise with the Estimating Department to receive full contract documentation
- Generally ensure all matters in relation to the tender are understood, including contract terms and conditions
- To be responsible for procurement of sub contract works
- Measure subcontractors work where appropriate, maintaining proper records, marked up drawings etc.. and complete payment certificate in accordance with the pre-agreed payment terms, liaising with Site Managers and Contract Managers in respect of quality of work, day works, etc.
- Ensure that necessary insurance / tax certificates / VAT information and subcontracts are returned prior to first payment
- Prepare and agree subcontract final accounts
- Release retention's as appropriate in liaison with Managing Surveyor
- Fully monitor all costs for the project including preliminaries, design fees, utility fees, subcontract and materials
- Assist the Contract Managers with preparing Preliminary Budgets for Director approval and targeting
- Liaise with Accounts Department in respect of cost allocations and accruals
- To produce detailed quarterly forecasts and cash flows
- To report on a monthly basis cost value reconciliations (MCR).and discuss the extent of provisions with Managing Surveyors
- Attend and report current procurement and cost situation at monthly review meeting including identifying any areas of concern
- On a monthly basis (or otherwise as agreed) prepare applications for payment in liaison with the Client's Representative to include a projected final account sum
- To liaise with relevant staff and outside authorities/agencies as requested
- Working as a Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor for a minimum of 4 years
To be commercially aware
- Training and experience in Forms of Contracts and recent updates, along with awareness of contractual obligations
- To possess the ability to confidently work in a partnering framework
- Experience of undertaking projects independently, and seeing projects thorough to completion
- Word processing experience with a good understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to check editing and errors
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.