Performs engineering work requiring full competency in all conventional aspects of engineering. Plans and conducts work requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection and the substantial adaption of standard engineering techniques, procedures and requirements
Conducts engineering activities of moderate scope or degree of difficultly.
Performs assignments independently with limited supervision as to expected results.
Performs troubleshooting tasks as related to product problems.
Involved in preparation of documentation associated with engineering activities.
Conducts testing for assigned projects.
Design products using CAD, and update drawing as needed (training provided)
Determines resolution of moderate technical issues as needed and assures that technical work meets specified requirements.
Contributes to corrective action development and alternatives.
Understands and follows requirements of SOPs.
May serve as a mentor for Engineering Interns.
This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, SKILL AND/OR COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Scientific University Degree (BS degree) required
Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
4 year engineering degree or similar. 0-3 years experience. Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, inside and outside the unit.
* Ability to work with integrity and build trust.
* Moderate problem solving and analytical ability.
* Ability to critically review and interpret technical documentation.
* Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and to meet key deadlines under pressure through effective time management skills.
* Ability to clearly convey ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
Impact and Scope
* Contributes to the completion of technical tasks.
* Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs.
Key Internal and External Relationships
Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders and other professionals in engineering group.
Planning and Decision Making
* Works under moderate functional supervision, usually taking day-to-day direction from a project leader at the Engineer Sr level.
* Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignments.
* Assignments are usually screened by supervisor for unusual or difficult problems and procedures and techniques to be followed for routine work are pre-selected. Within these constraints, may plan and document tests and evaluate test results; create documentation and related drawings; design components, parts or systems of moderate difficulty; coordinate established programs such as configuration management systems or change control systems.