Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
❓ Want to work for a company who have been supporting the nuclear industry since its first major expansion in the 1960s?
🏆 Join a reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
❤ Join a business who provides customers with solutions that give complete, long-term protection and control of safety critical systems.
❗ A trusted and reputable company; who's solutions have been integrated in nearly all of the UK's nuclear sites.
The R&D Team Leader will manage a team of R&D engineers, physicists, & Subject Matter Experts to deliver both internal and customer funded R&D programmes. They will provide support, guidance and expertise (directly and via the team) to internal project teams, business development teams, as well as via consultancy to third parties.
A professional at this grade applies technical / professional knowledge, making independent judgements based on practice and significant previous experience to support decision making. Often seen as a referral point or more senior team member to escalate more complex problems. Roles will act independently with minimal guidance, and may act as project managers/formal mentors for junior staff.
- Deliver both internal and customer-funded (UK & international) R&D programmes, both directly and through team management.
- Line manage scientific and R&D technical team.
- Directly support & manage resourcing for resolution of project technical issues within Engineering.
- Early technical engagement with customers, supporting the business development functions, and support technical handover from development to delivery.
- Work with Business Development, R&D and consultancy functions to produce & present R&D papers and other material internationally on developments, capabilities and solutions.
- Drafting R&D proposals and supporting generation of annual R&D programmes of work.
- To carry out all work ethically, safely and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the nuclear industry.
- Advising or mentoring junior team members, including graduates and apprentices.
- Contribution to ongoing development and improvement of engineering/business processes.
- Any other relevant duties as and when requir
- An applied science/engineering degree (or equivalent level of experience in an engineering/scientific role).
- Proven experience in a R&D (Research and Development) field.
- Management of multi-disciplinary engineering and/or scientific teams
- Product development/NPI
- High level of computer literacy (Office incl. Excel & data analysis)
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of technical and business disciplines
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with government funding applications would be an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant institution would be an advantage.
- Experience within a regulated industry (e.g. Nuclear, pharmaceutical, Aerospace, etc.)
- Familiarity with nuclear regulatory environment
- Knowledge and/or implementation experience in at least one of the following areas would be advantageous, but not required:
- Radiation/Medical Physics and/or Metrology
- Nuclear engineering
- Material science/engineering
For full information, please get in touch!