Ramp Handler / Agent
Brize Norton Full time, 40 hours
£25,000 - £27,000 + Benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Ramp Handler to join the team at Brize Norton. The key purpose of the role is to be responsible to the Ramp Team leader through the Ramp Shift Supervisor for the correct, timely and safe completion of all allocated tasks.
- Completing the tasks allocated, by his Supervisor/Senior Handler, in accordance with the Customer's and the Company's standards, practices, procedures and instructions. When completion of a task requires certification by signature, a Handler is only to sign for the work they has completed, IAW the customer requirements.
- Ensure that all Ramp Agent tasks are carried out IAW the Ramp Agents WI.
- Maintain husbandry standards at all times.
- Complete all necessary documentation and maintenance forms accurately and in a legible script.
- Avoid the creation of FOD hazards.
- Ensure the correct Serco issued PPE for the allocated task is worn at all times and that all PPE is serviceable and fit for purpose.
- Maintain the work area and rest facilities in a neat and tidy condition.
- Report all building/services defects within your work area to their management chain.
- The submission, where applicable, of reports (In-Forms, DASORS & Serco's Near Miss etc.).
- Observe the requirements of all relevant procedures (AESO's, MAP, MAM-P/D, WI's & LOP's).
- Correctly maintain and update their PDF when required.
What you need to do the role
- Be able to pass/attain Security Check (SC) Clearance
- Have a colour perception level, of at least CP2
- Have less than 6 penalty points on their civilian driving licence
- Aircraft operations management experience including; aircraft documentation, aircraft support services, weight and balance calculations, operations support (flight planning) , aircraft messaging (movement messages, Unit Load Device management, payload messaging, operations support messaging
What we offer
- 25 Days Annual Leave Per Annum inclusive of Public Holidays
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: You'll receive all the benefits of being part of a large international company - whilst still enjoying the close-knit nature of our team where all individuals feel supported.