Ramp Handler / Agent
Brize Norton Full time, 39.5 hours
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Ramp Handler to join the team at Brize Norton. The key purpose of the role is to be responsible to the Ramp Team leader through the Ramp Shift Supervisor for the correct, timely and safe completion of all allocated tasks.
- Completing the tasks allocated, by their Supervisor/Senior Handler, in accordance with the Customer's and the Company's standards, practices, procedures and instructions. When completion of a task requires certification by signature, a Handler is only to sign for the work they has completed, IAW the customer requirements.
- Ensure that all Ramp Agent tasks are carried out IAW the Ramp Agents WI.
- Maintain husbandry standards at all times.
- Complete all necessary documentation and maintenance forms accurately and in a legible script.
- Avoid the creation of FOD hazards.
- Ensure the correct Serco issued PPE for the allocated task is worn at all times and that all PPE is serviceable and fit for purpose.
- Maintain the work area and rest facilities in a neat and tidy condition.
- Report all building/services defects within your work area to their management chain.
- The submission, where applicable, of reports (In-Forms, DASORS & Serco's Near Miss etc.).
- Observe the requirements of all relevant procedures (AESO's, MAP, MAM-P/D, WI's & LOP's).
- Correctly maintain and update their PDF when required.
What you need to do the role
- Be able to pass/attain Security Check (SC) Clearance
- Have a colour perception level, of at least CP2
- Have less than 6 penalty points on their civilian driving licence
- Aircraft operations management experience including; aircraft documentation, aircraft support services, weight and balance calculations, operations support (flight planning) , aircraft messaging (movement messages, Unit Load Device management, payload messaging, operations support messaging
What we offer
- 24 Days Annual Leave Per Annum inclusive of Public Holidays
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.