Ramp Senior Handler / Agent
RAF Brize Norton, Carterton, OX18 3LX
Full time, 39.5 hours
Competitive salary+ Benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Ramp Senior Handler to join the team at Brize Norton. The key purpose of the role is to direct and oversee the safe conduct of tasks allocated to him within Ramp Services.
- Direct and co-ordinate the team under his control to complete outstanding tasks in order of priority as laid down by their supervisor.
- Ensure that Handlers allocated to a specific task are qualified, competent and authorised to carry out the task allocated to them, have been adequately briefed and have access to the required tools, test equipment and procedures and are wearing the correct PPE.
- Check that all PPE is serviceable fit for purpose & that all staff use the correct PPE, at all times
- All unserviceable items of equipment are promptly categorised and returned for rectification through the appropriate supply organisation.
- Correctly compile and maintain maintenance documents and registers relevant to the work centres under his control
- Ensure that orders and instructions relating to technical, safety or administrative matters are brought to the attention of staff under their control.
- Report all building/services defects within his work area to their Line manager or the Building Custodian
- The submission where applicable of reports, In-Forms, DASORS & near misses etc.
- Comply with the requirements of all relevant Serco Work Instruction, AESO's LOP's & WI's etc.
- Monitor, manage and maintain the Ground Support Equipment, calibration of TMEC controlled items and Tool Control System. This includes the upkeep of maintenance, calibration and tool kit records.
- Shall perform other tasks which are reasonable and relevant to Serco at RAF Brize Norton as directed by a member of his management team.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Be able to pass/attain Security Check (SC) Clearance.
- Have a colour perception level, of at least CP2.
- Have less than 6 penalty points on their civilian driving licence
- Aircraft handling experience.
- Team leading experience
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.