Ramp Services Trainer
RAF Brize Norton, Caterton, OX18 3LX
Full time, 39.5 hours
Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Delivery and oversight of Training and Assessment of Competency of all Serco Airport Services Personnel.
- Providing oversight and monitoring of Airport Services Staff training records and currency.
- Focal Point for processing of Airport Services Authorisations.
- Provide Shift Supervisors and the Airfield Services Manager input into staff PDRs.
- Perform duties of the Airfield Services Senior Handler as required.
- Deputise for Airfield Services Shift Supervisors as required.(Shift Supervisor or Senior Handler Success Profiles refer).
- Perform other tasks which are reasonable and relevant to Serco at RAF Brize Norton as directed by a
member of his management team.
- Provision of independent training and assessment of Airport Services Staff.
- Whilst carrying out these tasks he Is required to operate within and comply with current laid down procedures, Serco SMS, HASAW Act 1974, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Brize Norton orders, ISO 9001 and 14001A.
- Assist with the PDR's raised by his Shift Supervisors.
- Supervise and assist with Ramp Agent related tasking.
- While the Ramp Shift Supervisor is absent, he will be requested (on a rotational basis) to carry out his duties as laid down in the Shift Supervisors Success Profile.
- Provide assurance to our Customer RAF Brize Norton, Serco Contract, Engineering and Airfield Services
What you'll need to do the role:
- Be able to pass/attain Security Check (SC) Clearance.
- Have a colour perception level, of at least CP2.
- Have less than 6 penalty points on their civilian driving licence.
- Aircraft handling experience.
- Team leading experience.
- Level 3 Assessing Competency in the Work Environment (Competency Based Qualification
(CBQ)) Pearson EDEXCEL Level 3 Award (or equivalent).
What we offer
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.