VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: South West - Covering Sites in Somerset, Devon and Cornwall.
Term: Permanent/ Full time
Salary: Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus Scheme
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Regional Manager to lead the delivery of VIVO's Core Service (Planned Preventative & Reactive maintenance) and small Billable Works projects across our South West BE Contract covering the South region (Somerset, Devon and Cornwall)
- Manage service delivery in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Confer with Defence Infrastructure (DIO) to agree scope and priorities of work, agree outline plans and review management & tasks on a regular basis.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Ensure that all maintenance and response works are completed to the required technical standards and that all documentation is completed and distributed in a timely manner and recorded against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system.
- Ensure the efficient operation of a system of reporting of the physical progress of Additional Services.
- To oversee ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Sustainability processes
- Lead by example across the contract and drive the achievement of the Company's objectives by demonstrating commitment to our values and strategy.
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate operational activities ensuring effectiveness and value for money.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across Vivo to provide consistent approach to delivering service excellence across the contract.
- Organise and motivate a diverse and mobile team of professionals ensuring that their objectives and performance jointly deliver the requirements of operations to the contract.
- Ensure the management, recruitment, motivation and development of staff and operatives, to deliver the agreed level of service with an appropriate base of suitably skilled and qualified people.
- Create the environment in which teams and individuals can perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
- Be responsible to the Operations Director for the performance and financial outcomes for Additional Works, planned and response maintenance and within the area.
- As a member of the Contract Senior Management Team, contribute to the delivery of effective business plans and the prompt resolution of key commercial or client issues.
- Ensure adherence to the Company's contractual responsibilities and internal quality procedures including management reporting, development, budget, forecasting and financial control.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Assist and support other ad-hoc operational and commercial matters as required on an as instructed basis, undertaking other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Operations Director.
What You'll Need To Do The Role:
- HND level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
- Current H&S and Environmental qualifications at a management level (e.g. SMSTS)
- Significant practical experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of operational delivery of facilities maintenance/ construction contract
- Leading operational team to achieve KPIs
- Maintaining strong relations with the customer and meeting customer expectations
- Sound understanding of budget management
- Proactive management of Supply Chain performance management
- A general manager with experience of leading complex, multi-site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management and continuous improvement
- Extensive understanding of risk management
If you are interested, please click apply below or reach out to Amanda Hill internally.
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass security clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.