Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 5RE
Hours of Work: 50 hours per week Mon / Friday + overtime at higher rates
About the Company:
Adler and Allan provide market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting their customers at the heart of what they do they live their values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, Adler and Allan could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
This is a full-time role with daily hours of 0700 am - 1700 pm (Monday to Friday) and a one-hour meal break. Overtime for works outside of these core hours may be required, this will include some weekend working. The postholder will be expected to respond to emergency call outs. As deployment may be anywhere in the UK, deployment may include overnight stay away from home.
Remediation Supervisor Responsibilities:
The purpose of the role is to lead Remediation Works on site within the region. The postholder holds supervisory responsibility for any element of remediation incident including deployed personnel, plant, vehicles and ensuring associated documentation is correct and understood by all in attendance. The postholder is responsible for the safe progression of works and upholding and adhering to compliant health & safety procedures.
* Ensuring all staff within area of responsibility act at all times with integrity, due skill, care and diligence and observing proper standards of conduct.
* Responsibility for supporting operational response and commercial activities of the business.
* Carrying out such works under the direction of environmental consultants and or project Manager or, where required, using own initiative, skills, knowledge and appropriate techniques;
* Operating any plant/machinery for which the postholder is qualified and experienced to undertake and undertaking hand dig excavation works to facilitate removal of contamination (plant and machinery training could be provided to the right applicant)
* Providing regular updates to the consultant or project manager on the progress of works;
* Ensuring all equipment is maintained, available and serviceable; before deploying to site and carrying out daily checks throughout the project / filling out the relevant check sheet and attaching to the daily paperwork
* Ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to being driven, daily walk round sheet to be completed
* Taking before, during, and after photographs throughout the progression of works.
* Using a daily site d