Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to join a successful business who are passionate about solve their customers' problems, providing engineering solutions to safety and mission critical challenges in the air and on the ground?
A trusted business, who's solutions can be found in the latest military aircraft and vehicles, in civil aircraft, and in unmanned vehicles.
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
The In-Service Engineering Function are responsible for testing and providing technical troubleshooting during development, which includes creating product support plans to provide maintenance, obsolescence resolution and the continuation of manufacture and assembly.
Key responsibilities of the Senior In-Service Engineer are:
- Create solutions and solve complex problems within own discipline.
- Ensure adequate contribution and challenges during design reviews.
- Contribute to technical/professional processes within own discipline.
- Work under minimal supervision to achieve engineering and manufacturing objectives on-time, on-quality and on-budget which will directly impact positive project outcomes.
- Provide on-the-job training to support new team members.
- Influence decisions by providing advice within closely related working teams.
- Remain aware of trends and emerging technology and tools within own discipline.
- Estimate engineering packages of work within own discipline and work with other disciplines to identify dependencies and ensure the deliverability of own work package.
- May lead significant technical work packages and allocate/coordinate work.
- Develop engineering competence under guidance of more senior engineers and plan for professional development.
- Contribute to the definition of standards and specifications around which others will operate.
- Write reports and present work undertaken at peer and design reviews.
- Maintain professional competencies required to perform at this level.
- Occasionally carry out duties off-site as required.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by management.
- Relevant qualifications to an appropriate level, typically a Bachelor's Degree, a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent experience, with significant experience within a relevant complex engineering environment.
- A very good understanding of PCB design techniques and construction
- A very good understanding of Board manufacturing methodologies
- Undertake debug and diagnostic testing.
- Have an awareness of other disciplines (Software, Mechanical, Systems and ILS) with a view to cooperatively managing obsolescence in a design, where necessary.
- Be able to use best practices in circuit design to ensure the correct component selection for obsolescence, cost, safety and reliability.
- A very good knowledge of product development and the product lifecycle to be able to check and peer review technical drawing & documents.
- Identifies risks and opportunities, takes ownership of mitigation plans and executes.
- Experience in the Defence or related Safety critical sector.
- Provide subcontractor support and management.
- A good understanding of product development practices in aerospace and safety critical sectors in accordance with ISO9001 and AS9100
- A good understanding of Hardware design and DO254
- A good understanding of software design and DO178
For full information, please get in touch