Research Scientist / Senior Scientist in the Translational Biology Team
J33945Role Type: Permanent
Skills: cell culture, primary cells, immunoassays, drug testing models
My client based in the Cambridge area works within antibody based therapeutics and is currently seeking a candidate to join the translational biology team.
With a background in cellular immunology, you will have a proven expertise of working in the laboratory and will support the translational biology group in preclinical and clinical studies.
Your responsibilities will be:
* in vitro and in vivo studies of cellular immune responses
* drive project for test of immunological response in cell lines, primary cells and animal models
* collaborate with industries or academia teams to develop validation animal models
* drive the development of new techniques and support findings
* ensuring and participating to the group discovery and data presentation to colleagues and collaborators
Your skills and education will cover:
* BSc or Masters in a Biological science discipline with industrial expertise or PhD (E)
* Oncology, Immunology or T cell biology knowledge (E)
* Isolation and culture of primary cells, i.e. T cells, CD4/CD8 selection (E)
* Flow cytometry experience (E)
* Practice with developing and running Immunoassays (D)
* Organoid or spheroid experience (D)
* Biologics drug discovery (D)
* Flexible and pro-active with a willingness to tackle both new and routine tasks (E)
* Good record keeping and maintenance of lab notebooks (E)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company with strategic collaboration with existing manufacturer and EU patent on some of their molecules. They are based on a science research park on the outskirt of Cambridge offering a short commute from the city of Cambridge by car, bike or shuttle bus. The campus has a cafeteria on site and a large park accessible to all employees.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on ;