Permanent - Full time
40 hours per week: Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per year
Serco's Environmental Services provide a complete waste and recycling service on behalf of the residents and community in Lambeth. With a professional, dedicated, and friendly team of Refuse & Recycling and Street Cleansing staff, we ensure that streets, homes and businesses are kept clean, safe and tidy, whilst providing the very best levels of customer service to all members of the community that we serve.
We are looking to recruit a whitespace resource co-ordinator to organise the daily management of operational requests using the Management information system. Maintenance of Service monitoring response times and communication as the interface with operational teams to support in the optimal deployment of resources to resolve service failures.
Your main responsibilities
- Ensure optimal use of existing Serco Management information system (currently whitespace) to record accurate service and performance information
- Engage with contract operational departments by both making and taking calls at regular intervals throughout the day and identify any issues as and when they arise.
- Analyse management data and respond to customer and client queries supporting operational departments on the management of any possible service issues, ensuring that appropriate action is taken, and any outstanding service requirements are completed.
- As performance issues arise, work collaboratively with the operational and support departments for resolution.
- Identifying risk and prioritise activities to ensure Key performance indicators and Service level agreements are constantly achieved
- Work with the wider MIS support team to resolve workflow or configuration changes
- Liaising closely with the contract operational teams and support services team to resolve queries, identify any service failures and ensure the best level of service for customers with
- Actively seek to resolve potential issues and if unable to resolve adhere to the escalation process
- Provide data on poor performance (highlighting repeated poor performance such as failure to complete, missed bins, lost bins, missed assisted collections) using MI.
- Allocating worksheets to crews
- General administration
What you'll need
- Ideally have experience within the Waste and Recycling Service Industry and understand Waste Operations
- Experience of operating in a business that is focussed on compliance (desirable)
- Prior experience within Whitespace preferred
- Working knowledge of MI systems with the ability to interrogate MI to drive improved performance
- Attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office packages, e-mail)
- Ability to manage own workload and others effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ensure exceptional service delivery
- Organised and able to prioritise tasks
- An analytical and logical approach in in problem solving
What we offer
- 25 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping, mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting, varied, and enjoyable work
- A company that recognises your contribution
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We're a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.