* CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Under the supervision of the Returnees Preparedness Project Manager, your duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Review existing Risk Education (RE) materials and provide technical advice and analysis for the development of further RE materials suitable for returnees in the five 3RP (Regional Refugee & Resilience Plan) country contexts
- Develop RE training package to be delivered to Humanitarian Workers, including UNHCR councilors so they may deliver RE messaging to voluntary returnees
- Develop training plan and conduct Risk Education training to UNHCR and other key stakeholders
- Provide technical advice and support on the issue of risk education to key stakeholders in the region
- Support development of governorate level explosive hazard profiles to further aid tailoring of RE messaging
- Develop plans and guidance for the integration of RA and RE within the wider Response
- Conduct a mapping of existing RE activities and materials and identify gaps and opportunities in the 3RP countries
- Ensure consistency of RE messaging with all other relevant humanitarian hubs responding to the humanitarian needs of Syrians, through the Mine Action Area of Responsibility
- Develop new initiatives relevant to RE, including design of materials in cooperation with partners.
- Develop work plan for RE activities
- Provide relevant inputs for donor reports
- Monitor and evaluate risk education activities conducted by implementing partners
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor