Safer Custody Administrator
HMP Fosse Way - Leicestershire
Permanent, Full time, 40 hours
£22,922.00 a year, rising to £23,495.00 after 1 year in service
Essential technical and professional skills and knowledge:
- Working in a people centered environment.
- Excellent personal organisation and business administration skills
- Ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communicator and proactively seeks information
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment or other relevant experience will be considered.
- Excellent presentational, analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable IT skills in MS Office applications - outlook, excel & word in particular. Must be able to interpret and produce excel spreadsheets and work effectively with PowerPoint
- Working in a people centered environment
- Excellent IT knowledge, skills and application in practice
Additional dimensions, or special features of the role:
Staff at Serco are required to:
- Engage with an annual performance and development review, ensuring that the objectives within the review are achieved.
- Work to foster an entrepreneurial culture that supports ideas and new initiatives to enhance our level of service delivery.
- Meet required attendance and punctuality levels.
- Adhere to reporting sickness in accord with the sickness policy.
- Conduct yourself in a way that contributes to a healthy workplace.
- Work to the Serco's Values by acting as a role model in every interaction you have with colleagues, managers, internal and external stakeholders.
Performance and Key Metrics:
- Contribute to the delivery and achievement of all performance measures, contract outcomes and locally agreed targets including.
- Adhere to the Serco Code of Conduct.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and legislation applicable.
- When dealing with workplace concerns ensure that all grievances are reported to your line Manager.
- Commit to personal training and development to ensure that your skills and knowledge are maintained at the appropriate level.
- Take an active interest in their own development, understanding, and implementation of relevant, necessary, or desired practices established by Serco or any legal party relevant to Serco.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
- All employees are required to be aware of and demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and cultural sensitivity in the workplace.
- At all times maintain professional boundaries and adhere to the Serco Code of Conduct and local policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate alignment to Serco Governing Principles acting as a role model to colleagues, managers, visitors and stakeholders.
Meaningful and vital work - The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people - You'll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer:
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package