Safety Analyst- HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Permanent (Full-Time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco we are looking for a Safety Analyst to join the team at our new state of the art Category C prison, HMP Fosse Way.
The main role of the Safety Analyst is to support the Safer Custody Department.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities, and duties:
- Analyse and evaluate information from a wide range of sources to support and inform decision making in the identification, reduction and prevention of Safer Custody issues and the management of related incidents. Where required, undertake further analysis on IRS and Mercury systems that require it when concerns are raised in relation to Safer Custody topics.
- Use information, data and trend analysis to actively ensure all staff in the establishment understand the position of Safer Custody issues both within the establishment, with comparator establishments and around the prison estate.
- Produce a monthly Safer Custody Intelligence Report and disseminate it as required within the establishment, collating feedback, before presenting the report at the monthly Safer Custody Meeting and within security meeting forums. The report will cover all strands of safer custody to include Self-Harm, Violence, Self - isolation, ACCT management etc to meet establishment priorities.
- Regularly update line management regarding local, regional and national safer custody issues and any intelligence received which affects current delivery and prisoner support mechanisms.
- Make sure that all relevant intelligence and recording systems are updated, maintained, used appropriately and that staff involved in recording information are trained in its use as required.
- Check Safer Custody information received from all sources, determine level of importance and recommend responses and solutions where necessary.
- Collate and distribute monthly objectives from Safer Custody departments.
- Deliver in-house training in information gathering related procedures (such as IRS & MIS) which will include both induction training for new starters and some specific on-going training which reinforces the need for all staff to understand the importance and impact of all Safer Custody themes.
- Liaise with other establishments, Law Enforcement groups and external agencies and to disseminate intelligence information linked to Safer Custody issues in line with local and national policies.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Safer Custody and Security Custodial Operations Managers on current trends and issues.
- Brief & Liaise with all functional departments in relation to understanding and supporting Safer Custody objectives.
- Undertake other administrative tasks including:
- Organise, produce and maintain accurate records for the area of work
- Act as contact point for all communications to the Team, prioritise and distribute to the appropriate person or relevant department in the establishment
- Complete monitoring returns for the area of work
- Input requisitions on the finance database for purchases in the area of work
- Co-ordinate any awareness sessions for the area of work
- Prepare paperwork for checking by their manager, conducting initial checks as required
- Correspond with relevant stakeholders and agencies to ensure that they are aware of information and that it is adequately shared
- Maintain and check establishment databases, manual filing systems and logs of information with responses within timescales, producing reports as required
- Collate information on any relevant Contract Delivery Indicators (CDI's)
- Arrange any meetings including the preparation of paperwork, minutes and action points.
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not
intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable
alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
What you will need to do the role
- GCSE C in Maths and English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent IT, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage workload
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to reflect on own performance and to strive for continuous improvement
- Good working knowledge of databases
- Demonstration of flexibility and the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Able to form good working relationships
- Able to work independently and as part of a busy small team
- To solve issues at the earliest stage, presenting solutions to mangers when required
- To adhere to Data Protection at all times
- To maintain professional relationships with colleagues from other areas
- To ensure that information and data, processing, storage, and transmission of systems and processes are managed appropriately and in guidance with data protection and Serco policies.
- Meaningful and vital work - We look after around 5,000 prisoners in our prisons and been in the business for 25 years, employ 2,000 colleagues in our 6 custodial contracts so you can guarantee you'll be delivering an essential service that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic culture and supportive team; volunteer leave; continuous training & development opportunities
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans, Annual Leave Purchase Scheme and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals
- The chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
What else do you need to know?
- This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all offers of employment are subject to security clearance checks and approval by the Home Office.
- You will be required to obtain Ministry of Justice Enhanced Level 2 Vetting.