??? Location: Swansea
??? Grade & Salary: 5 - £29,243.00
??? Post number: 202256
??? Type of contract: Fixed term until 31 March 2020
??? Work pattern: Full Time (37 Hours)
Closing date: 15 September 2019
To undertake routine / non-routine sample analysis for EU Directive reporting, pollution incidents, Commercial customers and investigative projects and provide secondary supervision of a specific work area in one of the laboratory sections.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Experience and knowledge are as important as qualifications for this role however entry level would be a science-based degree or equivalent, preferably in Chemistry.
2. Technically experienced in the operation and maintenance of modern instrumentation and complex analytical methods run on them.
3. Previous second-line supervisory experience in an ISO:17025 accredited analytical laboratory.
4. Demonstrable experience in the delivery of method development projects utilising recognised industry standards such as PRINCE2.
5. The ability to work collaboratively with other scientists throughout the analytical service and proactively briefing supervisors on issues with solutions or options.
6. Membership status with the Royal Society of Chemistry or similar professional body.
For more information, please visit our website.
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY