Important: Due to the nature of the role, all candidates will need to be prepared to undertake DV clearance and therefore as a minimum be living in the UK 10 years.
Working: This role is predominantly full time onsite in the Berkshire area. The role will have additional responsibility for the security of sites in Gloucestershire and, Hampshire areas; as such will require some travel to those sites.
Want to Join a business who's capabilities address the highest classification levels of High Grade and Type 1 National Security, across a growing and thriving sector?
A reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
Brand new site for 2023! Onsite Café, Free parking, Table Tennis and more!
Full range of company benefits, flexible working, training, development and clear career progression!
The role of the Security Controller exists to meet the HMG requirements of a designated official to exercise the day-to-day responsibility of all aspects of protective security for a secure facility. (i.e. physical, personnel, project and information).
- Assures that the Company's Security business processes are compliant with relevant legislation, and that the Company operates according to the principles embedded in relevant Government standards e.g. LXNs and GovS 007
- Facilitate where necessary visits and inspections by individuals representing either the Government or Contracting Authority and to ensure any relevant documentation, process or records are available for inspection.
- Interpreting, implementing and monitoring security controls for the appropriate maintenance of security.
- Responsible for ensuring the senior managers are aware of and discharge their security obligations and business choices in respect of security risks and controls
- Owning and maintaining a security aspects letter register, documented, tracked, mitigated and monitored.
- Promotes policies, practices and decisions which recognise the current and evolving needs of all the stakeholders.
- Working with the security team managing security incidents/breaches.
- Liaising within the Company, and between the Company and Security Officials of the relevant Contracting Authority, on security related issues.
- Advising management on the interpretation and implementation of contractual and, where appropriate, legislative or regulatory security controls.
- Advise on the appropriate security controls for new contracts.
- Preparing and implementing the Company Security Instructions, ensuring that any new or revised policy is appropriately 'staffed' and considered throughout the organisation, liaising with other disciplines such as HR and IT to ensure security is considered and embedded within all appropriate policies.
- Ensuring that all policies are made available to, and understood by all employees, updating them as necessary.
- Ensuring that staff are aware that they are operating under the ambit of the Official Secrets Act.
- Ensuring that processes are in place to brief/de-brief Security Check (SC) and Developed Vetting (DV) cleared staff who may travel to certain foreign countries, either on business or in their private life.
- Arranging for appropriate security education and awareness training, ensuring that staff understand the scale, nature of the threats and security actions required.
- Ensuring that security education and training is an integral part of the employee's time with the Company, covering induction, ongoing security awareness and education and termination/exit from the Company.
- Must be capable of interpreting the requirements of the GOVS 007 - Security (formerly Security Policy Framework.)
- Attention to detail.
- Good organisational and delegation skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- An understanding of the risks and subsequent impact to the business of failing to comply fully with appropriate guidelines, policy or legislation.
- Member of DISA.
- DISA - Role of the Security Controller
- BTEC Level 2 - Understanding Security Vetting.
- BTEC Level 2 - Document/Information Security & International Visits & Contract Security.
- Experience within the Defence / Aerospace sectors.
For full information, please get in touch!