Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and as a minimum be living in the UK for 5 years.
Working: Although an office based role there will be a expectation of travel between sites and within UK to Customer and trade association meetings.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a current Security Controller / Manager to join a highly evolving and growing company, with multiple sites.
Your prime functions shall be to to manage all security aspects of the business at all three UK sites. Although an office based role there will be a expectation of travel between sites and within UK to Customer and trade association meetings.
The Security Compliance function is responsible for ensuring that the company's officers, directors, and employees comply with the provisions of the company's Government Security Policies and Special Security Agreement, where required.
You would also be expected to generate and deliver training, reports, presentations and contribute to meetings with stakeholders who are both internal and external at all levels
This position is an important role within the UK Business, with the responsibility across three UK sites, therefore this opening is considering candidates with proven experience already within a security /vetting environment or within a security management role.
- Determining appropriate levels of security clearance and the processing of individual cases with a view to achieving the required level of clearance and maintain an aftercare process
- Represent the UK Business with the MoD Security department
- Attend and contribute to industry working groups
- Brief all staff and teams on their responsibilities and updates to policy
- Liaison with the Defence Vetting Agency
- Conduct of security briefing for new personnel, including periodic re-briefs and updates as Government Policy develop
- Issue of passes with appropriate levels of access and update as necessary
- Update and maintain of the Wiseman security database
- Management of classified material receipts
- Update and maintain the Security Aspects Letter database
- Administer Incoming and Outgoing UK and Overseas Visit Requests, liaising with IVCO as necessary
- Prepare and maintain policy and procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records
- Manage receipt and dispatch of all classified documents
- Maintains classified document register
- Conduct of classified asset musters
- Prepare assessments involving possible security violations and initiates measures to correct security deficiencies
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Experience as a Security Controller in a Defence business.
- Sound knowledge of current UK Government Security Procedures and the Security Policy Framework.
- Experience of working within a List X Security environment.
- Knowledge of supporting security disciplines, including document control, visitor clearances, personnel security processing and security processes and procedures
- BTEC2 MoD Security qualification would be a nice to have
Experience in the following would be desirable:
- Experience as a Security Controller in a Defence business preferably with 100+ staff over more than one site is advantageous.
- Current SC Clearance would be advantageous.
For full information, please get in touch!