* CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Under the supervision of the Head of Support Services (HOSS), the Senior Administrative and Human Resources Officer's duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Communicate and train staff on the Human Resources and Administrative Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Policies, Guidelines and Regulations to enhance knowledge within staff
- Facilitate personnel contracts in compliance with UN rules and regulations to fully support the programme with all Human Resources and Administration related matters
- Monitor and participate in the implementation of all HR activities within the programme in compliance with established UNOPS Organizational Directives (ODs), Administrative Instructions (AIs), practices and procedures
- Manage and administer Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) competitive recruitment and selection processes for the programme in a timely manner, including drafting and revising Terms of References (TORs), producing candidate screening, evaluation and assessment, conducting award procedures and submission of cases to approval committees
- Recruit personnel, produce personnel contracts, develop and administer budget, salaries and allowances, procurement of services, administer leave, travel, benefits and entitlements, document reproduction and filing
- Ensure appropriate and correct use of various systems including the Global Personnel Recruitment System (GPRS), Global Contracting System (GLOCON), Global Leave System (GLS) and OneUnops
- Plan, organize, and provide capacity building for the local personnel in the Admin/HR team
- Manage the transport section in coordination with the travel section
- Ensure the management of timely administration of personnel files, payments and the Programme’s in-country and out-country travel arrangements, manage and support travel and visa arrangements for incoming personnel, training and official mission and conduct timely induction/orientation briefings
- Manage and ensure timely administration of payments and related transactions of allowable expenditures (payroll, none-payroll-payments, travel advance, DSA and others
- Ensure all records related to recruitment, contracts, payments, insurance details and other mandatory certificates are complete, accurate and up-to-date. Engage and liaise with mission support offices and coordination with various stakeholders to ensure UNMAS operations are integrated into the mission;
- Monitor absences and attendance through GLS and ensure that all balances are accurate and guide programme personnel
- Follow up with the performance appraisal and training and development programme of the staff members and manage the need for contract issuance / extensions / amendments
- Ensure Management and Administration of Committed to Good (CTG) staff contract in coordination with CTG country Director and staff to ensure effective support to staff
- Manage non specific Administrative processes such as RACI Process, document control and audit focal point
Support to HOSS as Officer In Charge (OIC)
- Support OIC responsibilities in absence of HOSS
- Assist the HOSS in setting effective internal control measures in line with UNOPS rules and regulations for all Support related responsibilities
- Assist the HOSS in Development of SOPs, Policies, Regulations and Guidelines to ensure compliance with UNOPS support functions and processes
- Provide advice to the Head of Programme, Programme Manager and Head of Support Services on support related issues including HR and Administration related matters in line with established rules and regulations when acting as OIC
- An advanced University degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Social Science or related field with five years of experience; OR
- A first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Social Science or related field with seven years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in management or administration of human resources activities, processes, and services.
- Experience in a conflict/post-conflict environment is desired.
- Fluency in English (read, speak, write) is required