Your new role
Are you a fantastic communicator with the ability to continuously deliver high standards against deadlines? Do you have great ICT and people skills?
National Highways are currently offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrator to support our team working within our Major Projects Directorate in the Complex Infrastructure team.
The successful candidate will be specifically part of the A428 Black Cat to Caxton Gibbet team and therefore whilst your contractual base will be our Bedford office – you will spend most of your time at our Wintringham site location just outside St Neots.
This is a busy and varied role which requires somebody who is capable of multi-tasking and prioritising effectively. Ideally you will be an experienced administrator who is confident working across various workstreams. Knowledge of Office 365, including Teams is required. Experience of using PowerPoint, Visio and Power BI will be advantageous. You will be required to go that extra mile and take pride in what you do to deliver accurate and efficient outcomes. This role will also involve project support and presence.
What you’ll be leading on
- Operate many administrative processes, ensuring that these are delivered accurately, on time and in line with defined procedures and standards.
- Organising meetings, capturing, and tracking actions and note taking
- Answer standard and non-standard enquiries and act as a point of contact internally and externally, providing information to stakeholders to support service delivery, customer service, and management decision making and escalating issues for resolution as necessary.
- Enter and maintain information on systems and files to ensure that information is up to date, in the right place and easily accessible.
- Manage smaller pieces of work to completion, either standalone or as part of larger projects, to support achievement of business objectives.
To be successful you’ll need
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with an ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Previous administration experience, including diary management and minute taking.
- To show experience of working at pace, where organisational skills and attention to detail are not compromised.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of industry Common Data Environments (CDE) would be advantageous.
- The ability to work independently and prioritise workload while maintaining attention to detail.
A bit about us
Major Projects is responsible for the delivery of nearly 70 projects with a total value more than £14 billion, and some of the most exciting and challenging projects in the country We exist be a focal point for the delivery of sensitive and complex projects: growing individual talent and our organisational capacity to be successful. We strive to be creative and exploit digital and technological opportunities whilst maintaining the highest standards in Safety, Health, Wellbeing and Customer Service to deliver great projects.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number #4180
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires