Senior Analyst - Bids
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Provide expert financial modelling in the bidding environment, including analysis and proposals to enhance / improve the modelling process, templates and approach. The role involves working within the Finance and Bid team to provide dedicated, high quality financial bid resource across all Business Units within the division.
- Development / modification of dynamic and accurate excel-based cost models and financial statements (P&L accounts balance sheet, cash flow, financial metrics) for bids / tenders
- Lead bid teams to prepare detailed scenario analysis for bids and input into strategy for customer negotiations on price
- Recommending enhancements to the current Bid Modelling process. Assist in developing and implementing financial modelling best practice across SME
Growth and Financials
- Support governance process through delivering robust financial outputs and price risk analyses to facilitate effective decision making with a focus on margin protection and cash optimisation
- Ensure records of deliverables to customers and for internal governance are maintained in a structured and timely manner
- Contribute to discussions on Model outputs throughout the Bid Process to ensure understanding and compliance with modelled elements
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Masters' degree in accounting or Business Management
- Capacity to handle demanding and fluctuating workload
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with a steadiness under pressure
- Energetic, Tenaciious and Team player
- Strong communication skills to work with a range of people across the business
- Demonstrable track record of innovative thinking
- Relevant professional financial qualification
- Expert financial modelling ability and has an aptitude to develop expert bid financial modelling ability
- Experience in Implementation of new processes and systems
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.