Overview of department:
Senior Configuration Engineer to act as technical support to deliver Configuration Management principals across our product portfolio. Providing assistance directly to project and functional stakeholders in order to uphold Configuration Management discipline in accordance with contractual Defence Standards approved plans. The Configuration Management group sit within the Mechanical Engineering function but operate closely with our business partners, from design to manufacturing and customer support.
Working in collaboration with the programme Configuration Manager to maintain and deliver Configuration Management documentation, review and implementation of engineering changes and manage the identification and record of our product design definitions within our PLM toolsets.
- Application of Configuration Management principals; Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Audit, for one or more business programmes.
- Preparing and maintaining Configuration Management documentation to provide governance and control of project activities across the entire product lifecycle.
- Review and implementation of engineering design changes, collaborating across a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Management and application of technical signatories against product design data.
- Interpretation of technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex product assemblies and accurate reflection of design intent within the product definition.
- Preparation and presentation of changes within change control meetings.
- Direct support to Configuration Management Committee meetings (CMC, LTC, CCB), Modification meetings and other ad hoc meetings.
- Schedule diary, manage meetings, generate agendas, take and publish minutes.
- Support of technical audits on our suppliers, ensuring Configuration Management processes are observed throughout the supply chain. Schedule audits, generate agendas and chase non-conformities and maintenance of audit database.
- A background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management within a Defence or Aerospace industry or similar.
- Ideally suited to someone who has proven experience of working in a similar role within the defence sector: Candidates from other industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, etc. with suitable experience including Bill of Material Engineers, Material Requirements Planning Analysts, Engineering Change Engineers, Technical Data Managers, etc., will also be considered.
- Experience with MS Office and data systems (Windchill an advantage)
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills with good attention to detail