Job Title: Development Engineer or Senior Development Engineer (depending on experience)
The job role involves design and development of the full range of Fuel injectors including support for engineering, manufacturing and aftermarket teams based in application centres in Asia Pacific regions and Europe. The role will also involve the transfer of engineering activities and facilities into Gillingham Centre of Excellence while ensuring a smooth transition for our customers.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work within the assigned functional and project core teams
- To define, prioritize and execute tasks required to meet core team and project objectives.
- To escalate risks and issues to core team members and management in a timely manner.
- To prepare reports, presentations and technical documentation for internal and customer use.
- To provide clear analysis and summaries for decision making.
- To apply engineering standards, procedures and methodologies to execute project activities.
- To apply problem solving techniques in the execution of project activities
- To develop strong technical relationships with product or manufacturing engineering teams, customers and key suppliers
- To define performance criteria and execute test plans on injector test rigs, engines and/or vehicles to demonstrate product performance.
- To organise the procurement and testing of sample hardware to meet project requirements.
- To develop test equipment and instrumentation.
- To interpret test data using analytical tools and provide synthesis of results.
- To assess designs using established DFMEA methods to develop a robust product.
- To contribute to formal and informal design and development reviews at appropriate stage of projects.
- To prepare and execute simulation models (depending on job role).
- To evaluate customer and internal requirements and identify gaps to current products
- Comply with Technologies Health and Safety regulations such as PPE, showing responsibility of personal safety and that of others.
- Treat work colleagues with respect (Equality and Diversity).
- Flexibility to travel internationally.
- Experience of design and development of products at all stages of product life cycle from concept through volume manufacturing to service only.
- Able to operate effectively in a multi-national multi-lingual project environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several tasks at once.
- Ability to apply DFMEA including use of APIS IQ Software
- Degree (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or related subject.
- Experience with specifying test procedures, analysis and interpretation of results.