Are you a Electronic Engineer looking for your next challenge?
Would you consider relocating?
- Permanent job opportunity with relocation assistance available, for you and your family! *T&C's apply
- Join the a growing business unit, who's solutions can be found in the latest military aircraft and vehicles, in civil aircraft, and in unmanned vehicles!
- Join a team who are passionate about solving their customers' problems, providing engineering solutions to safety and mission critical challenges in the air and on the ground!
Be part of a wider, global business, renowned for solving their customers' most complex problems!
- You'll have the opportunity to work on large projects, developing mission-critical solutions in Defence and Technology.
- Join a company with a number of awards and recognitions; Named as Gold Award winner in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme for 2021 | Employer of choice for our forces community!
- ED&I: Access to leadership development, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs.
- Full training, development and mentoring programs; Access to mentoring programs at all stages of development.
- Full range of company benefits, flexible working, training, development and clear career progression!
Our defence client is currently on the look out for a Senior Electronic In-Service Engineer to joint their team located in Gloucestershire.
- Relevant qualifications to an appropriate level, typically a Bachelor's Degree, a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent experience, with significant experience within a relevant complex engineering environment.
- A very good understanding of PCB design techniques and construction
- A very good understanding of Board manufacturing methodologies
- Undertake debug and diagnostic testing.
- Have an awareness of other disciplines (Software, Mechanical, Systems and ILS) with a view to cooperatively managing obsolescence in a design, where necessary.
- Be able to use best practices in circuit design to ensure the correct component selection for obsolescence, cost, safety and reliability.
- A very good knowledge of product development and the product lifecycle to be able to check and peer review technical drawing & documents.
- Identifies risks and opportunities, takes ownership of mitigation plans and executes.
- Experience in the Defence or related Safety critical sector.
- Provide subcontractor support and management.
- A good understanding of product development practices in aerospace and safety critical sectors in accordance with ISO9001 and AS9100
- A good understanding of Hardware design and DO254
- A good understanding of software design and DO178
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Site Location: All applicants must be located locally, or able to relocate to the client site based in the Gloucestershire areas (Relocation assistance available *T&C's apply)
Working: The role is office/hybrid based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad.
For full information, please get in touch