Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
In this role, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team, designing solutions for the Electronics content the wide range Maritime Defence systems over the whole lifecycle of the product. This also includes supporting transition to manufacturing and providing ad-hoc electronics support for systems already in-service.
- In-depth experience across the whole project lifecycle as electronics/firmware engineer, from bids and proposals through to in-service support.
- Hands-on experience of designing complex systems involving multiple electronics disciplines and understanding of associated challenges / usual pitfalls.
- Successful delivery of reliable solutions to timescale and budget as part of fixed price contracts.
- Used to dealing with a wide range of stakeholders beyond Electronics Engineering domain (i.e. Project Management, Systems, Mechanical and Software Engineering) as part of multi-disciplinary project team to resolve issues that arise during the lifespan of a project.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in engineering discipline
- Breadth of exposure to the following:
- Analog and digital technologies,
- Design for EMC, Electrical Safety & Signal Integrity including schematic and PCB layout,
- Exposure to appropriate branch of electronics (e.g. power/high speed digital/analogue/RF/Sonar);
- Familiarity with one or more PMRP and ECAD tools;
- Design for manufacture, understanding of full project life cycle.
- Prototyping, test and verification of electronic subsystems at PCB, unit and sub-system level.
- Component selection and an understanding of associated issues to include obsolescence and environmental aspects (REACH, RoHS etc.)
- Use of standard office tools and knowledge of engineering tools such as DOORS, ERPs and Configuration Management tools.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
For full information, please get in touch!