This role would suit someone with a strong electronics design background that enjoys varied work where every day is different. You will need to be computer literate, adaptable, self-motivated and willing to work on your own as well as part of a team.
As a Senior/Principal Engineer, you skills and qualification will include:
- Deriving hardware requirements
- Electronics architecture and device down selection
- Design experience of some of the following areas:
- Analogue, Digital and power supply electronics design.
- Familiarity in some of the following electronics technology and interfaces, High Speed ADC/DAC, JESD204B, RS232/422, UART, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Schematic entry (Altium preferred)
- Able to advice on PCB layout/design
- PCB bring up and verification
- Design for manufacture, test and cost
- Prior experience as a Senior/ Principal engineer
- Strong design phase lifecycle experience with knowledge of through-life cycle management (LCM)
- Experience with Laboratory test equipment
- Willing to apply a hands on approach
- Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering or similar relevant engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar senior or principal role
It would be advantageous if you had:
- Experience of platform integration and design certification
- Understanding of and/or appreciation of the following areas:
- Embedded Software, Firmware and Digital Signal Processing.
- Integration of hardware with software and firmware
- Integration with RF electronics
- Design for and test of EMC regulatory Standards
- Design for and test of hardware to DO-254
As a Principal Electronics Design Engineer your key responsibilities will include
- Keeping up to date with industry trends
- Continued development of engineering competence and expertise
- Contributing to product and technology roadmaps
- Deriving system and hardware requirements through to derivation, validation and verification.
- Preparation of technical estimates for non-recurring costs and resource requirements
- Architecture and design of new and updated electronic sub-systems and PCBs
- Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, life cycle processes and regulatory requirements
- Support the product design authority in responding to tech queries and proposals
- Supervising and tasking junior staff and technicians
- Writing and peer reviewing technical documentation
- Contribute to business winning technical proposals
- Contribute to aspects of electronics design through their life cycle, from early development stage to in-service support including obsolescence management.
- Preparation of technical documentation.
- Preparation and presentation of technical design reviews.