Energy is a strategic growth area for the business. The existing team has a strong track record for collaborative working, identifying, developing and driving through energy and carbon savings, and embracing innovation driven by meaningful data and emergent technology.
Our team provides a whole stack energy service, as a principal engineer within our technical consulting team you will take a fundamental role in developing tailored energy and carbon solutions and support their implementation. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in R&D development of new products for both the land and maritime markets.
Typical project activities include:
- NZC profiling and strategy development,
- Optimized energy reduction, storage, generation, and recycling solutions. These are primarily land based but will include maritime projects in collaboration with the wider business. Recent projects have included PV roofs, CHP's, low carbon heat networks, battery storage, EV charging, BMS integration.
- maritime and land energy management systems and software
You're role would be to undertake feasibility studies, integrate designs and undertake design management. You would also be required to support carbon profiling and NZC strategy development activities This dynamic role requires domain knowledge of energy technologies and systems, cross-discipline engineer understanding and exemplary verbal and written communication skills. We will consider engineering professionals of all disciplines with the right experience and aptitude but mechanical/ electrical focus is preferred.
Applies a breadth of expertise relating to an engineering domain (a sub set of a discipline) to complex engineering problems, challenges issues and problems associated with the area. Designs and develops solutions, resolves engineering issues and problems for a range of situations relating to their specialist knowledge area. Provides technical guidance to others relating to area of expertise.
- Work with customers to understand their carbon profile and develop their NZC roadmap
- Work to develop effective energy and low carbon solutions (generate, recycle, storage, monitor & control) in the form of feasibility studies and business cases through to detailed design and installation. For example, PV, CHP, low carbon heat networks, heating systems, battery storage, hydrogen, carbon capture and energy management systems.
- Provide cross-discipline expertise and oversight of design development.
- Design management and integration of sub-contractor products, systems and solutions.
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with our R&D team to develop new energy & carbon reduction products
- Undertake technical reviews, verifies and signs engineering designs
- Articulate, define and document subject expertise, approaches and standards in order to extend business knowledge base.
- Provide technical direction to engineers
- Supporting the development of individuals and teams to enhance skills and competencies, such that technical capability objectives are fully achieved.
- Define the qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test & commissioning, and providing assurance to the Design Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation.
- Undertake functional design and/or provide qualification and evidence for acceptance,
- fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety.
- Obtain confirmation beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit that those assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated.
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
- Requires knowledge gained through professional qualification and including substantial work experience. MSc/ MEng level degree qualification and working towards CEng level.
- Subject Matter Expert in Energy systems and products. Requires technical breadth & depth, is Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline expert on projects, programmes and contracts.
- Provide professional leadership for the engineering team. Promote team capability development and capability developments are communicated effectively within the discipline
- Responsible for providing evidence for design integrity and safety products, services or sub-assemblies of low value, technical complexity and commercial risk. The role may hold technical or design authority
- May lead a small team of engineers
Pay Rate -£27.65 PAYE
Pay Rate -£35.53 UMB
Pay Rate -£31.82 DEEMED