At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Financial Modelling Manager to develop a high performing financial modelling function to ensure commercial best practice is applied to all bids and that there is a robust transition to post contract management in accordance with Serco's commercial policy. The role holder will be a key member of the UK&E Commercial team and will report into the Head of Commercial - New Business.
As part of this you'll
- Provide subject matter expertise by way of direct input to recruitment of high calibre new financial modelling professionals.
- Support the education and training of other members of the UK&E Commercial team.
- Maintain expertise in financial reporting requirements, relevant legislation, and public procurement policy.
- Perform financial modelling in accordance with applicable GSOPS, and any other relevant Serco policy and process, to ensure cost capture is comprehensive.
- Perform financial and commercial analysis for specific deal requirements and also drive compliance and integrity of financial modelling by ensuring appropriate audit and scrutiny takes place.
- Analyse customer requirements, proposing clarification questions where necessary and identify possible gaps or misalignments within the costed solution as captured by the financial model.
What you'll need to do the job
- Exceptionally strong commercial leadership experience in a similar large, complex FTSE 250 business
- Expert financial modelling and Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Strong track record of being successfully involved in bidding and winning profitable and sustainable business
- Public sector and / or outsourcing experience is desirable
- Deep knowledge and track record of successfully operating company governance processes applied to complex sales opportunities
- Strong drive for and examples of continuous improvement of tools and processes
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly and communicate key messages simply and effectively to stakeholders
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Bonus of up to 30%
- Company car or car allowance
- 10% contributory pension
- A range of Serco benefits