IHS Markit's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team consistently wins industry awards as the best in its space. The team creates software and provide services that allow clients to gain control and visibility over their data, no matter the complexity, volume or scope of the project. The development team is essential to this success as they develop software to meet new needs, embrace new technologies, and keep ahead of the competition. Originally focused on the financial sector, the EDM client base includes scores of global financial institutions and has recently been expanding into the energy sector. Position summary
This Senior Software Engineer position provides technical design and development within the Financial Markets Technology division responsible for the end to end design and delivery of IHS Markit's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) software focused on financial data management. The role is responsible for working with a global team of Engineers in support of this mission, with additional support from the wider technology organisation.
This role will require the successful candidate to provide technical leadership on the design and structure of our web-frontend applications.Therefore, they must have an organised and creative mind-set (thought leader) that drives them to find innovative solutions to common problems with the right toolset. They will be passionate about technology and have a self-driven interest to keep up with the latest industry-related developments and seek to use them where appropriate to the current product landscape Duties & accountabilities
The role involves working as a software developer in an Agile Scrum team, reporting to the Team Lead. The teams are small and friendly and democratic, and everyone is encouraged to contribute to their success. We can offer support and growth opportunities for more junior candidates and complex technical challenges for more experienced applicants.
Business competencies Education & Experience
- Collaborate with other members in multi-discipline agile teams
- Facilitate system design and changes in frontend system architecture
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments in web development
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Mentor team on technology and other work-related aspects.
- Responsibility for the quality of all deployed applications and services
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- 7+ years of development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment
- TDD experience is a must
- Proven experience of technical leadership
- Experience in implementing WCAG requirements
- Preference will be given to candidates that have:
- experience working with Microservices
- worked on to .NET server-side solutions
- Good background on leveraging cloud technologies
- Must have good architecture and design skills
- Focus on Microsoft stack, but knowledgeable on cross-platform tech
- Can comprehend back-end systems and collaborate on integration
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Financial industry experience would be useful but is not essential.
Candidates should have the desire to keep abreast of emerging technological advances, and to contribute to and benefit from the growth of the EDM platform, through the input of expertise and new ideas.
The department employs many talented people who all work together. The candidate must be able to fit into this structure and communicate with both business and technical people. The development team has a particularly close working relationship with the testing, support and product teams. Effective communication is crucial to success in this role.
The development team is a small, friendly, close-knit team who share ideas and peer-review each other's code, and the candidate must be keen to work in such an environment.
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these! Total Rewards.
Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards! Work Life Balance.
You can't do a good job if your job is all you do! Prepare for the Future.
Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers! Employee Assistance Program.
Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting. Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe! Internal Mobility.Grow with us! Benefits:
- Flexi Benefits (£1,500 to spend on tech, extra holiday, gym etc.)
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Sponsored / Wellbeing Days
- Life Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Health Screen
- Eye Vouchers
- Business Travel Insurance
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace. About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.