The position will serve to ensure effective operation of the entire landscape of the SAP systems engineering with the related infrastructure connecting points required for the operation of the ERP Umoja Solution. This includes set up, configuration and technical architecture as well as their administration, maintenance and upgrade optimisation, specifically: the SAP engine [ECC], SAP Databases fBW, HANA, BI, SRM], applications and others systems [CRM, BPC, Fiori, SAP's Portal, Gateway, SLTj. The post also assures coordination across OICT and DOS on the related infrastructure operations in connection with performance, access, availability, optimisation and security. Along with this, he/she serves to reinforce the Project's capacity in respect of On-Premise and Cloud Integration as well as the interfacing, Internet and Mobile-related operations and will supervises the Security team of the ERP.
Under the guidance of the Solution Architecture and Delivery Management lead and following the ERP's overall workplan direction, the Senior Information Systems Officer (SAP Systems Engineering and Landscape) will be responsible for the following
- Architecture of the ERP SAP systems and Landscape administration:
- Systems administration, operational engineering and performance optimization including coordination with the stakeholders responsible for the ERP's Hardware and Infrastructure:
- Oversight on infrastructure-related operations in coordination with the stakeholders responsible for the ERP's Hardware [OlCT and DOS]:
- Supervises the ERP Security and assures effective On-Premise/Cloud integration of SAP's technology roadmaps.
- Other duties and tasks:
Professionalism: Knowledge of SAP systems and technical areas. Knowledge of Basis and related SAP systems administration. Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager. Ability to provide SAP Landscape architecture advice and support. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows forcontingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
Vision: Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks; clearly communicates links between the Organization's strategy and the work unit's goals; generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction, inspiring others to pursue that same direction; conveys enthusiasm about future possibilities Education
An advanced university degree (Master's or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in Computer Science, information systems or related fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Work Experience
A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of SAP systems and infrastructure in the context of an ERP implementation is required. Said experience includes the following SAP systems architecture and related areas:
- Experience managing Basis and SAP systems admin such as ECC, HANA, BW, SRM, BPC, CRM, and SolMan.
- Experience advising on tech roadmaps of an SAP ERP and in directing operation of SAP system performance for high availability, capacity and sizing optimisation, as well as disaster recovery, networking, including the infrastructure, hardware requirements and software licensing.
- Experience advising and supporting SAP Landscape architecture, along with component integrations and determinations.
- Experience with end-to-end technical planning and implementation roll outs of deployments, including SAP SolMan system.
- Experience with managing the SAP systems integration with ext/int non-SAP systems apps. Experience with other SAP systems such as BPC, CRM, PO is desirable. Experience with SAP Cloud integration with SAP On-Premise, particularly SAP IBP and S/4 HANA is desirable, including the validation of security aspects thereof from a systems engineering and infrastructure perspective.Experience on client environments, including when deployed through Citrix, is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage. Assessment
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date. For more information on how to apply, please click the "Apply".