08:30 - 17:30 (1 hour break)
Location: Wellington, Somerset
Benefits: Generous Company Pension Scheme
Optional Private Healthcare
28 days holiday rising to 33 (1 day increments annually)
including Bank Holidays
Reporting to the IT Manager, Senior I.T. Technicians are part of the I.T. team involved in all aspects of internal computer system & network support.
The role will be varied and the main focus is on project work to keep systems and infrastructure operating to the latest requirements. This will often involve upgrades to systems or providing solutions to specific challenges making use of a wide range of technologies. You will also be required to provide support to the IT Technicians with help desk tickets, this will consist of being a technical point of reference or taking ownership of tickets.
* Investigating and remedying computer hardware & software faults on Servers and Workstations.
* Installing and configuring hardware and software.
* Responding to technical help requests from employees at all seniority levels.
* Provide technical assistance to IT Technicians
* Taking ownership of large projects and upgrades
* Firewall and networking configuration changes
* Provide technical solutions for business IT Needs
Experience of the following is essential:
* Providing I.T. support to end users (3 years+)
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Windows 7, 8 and 10 desktop and laptop support
* Configuring workstations
* Windows Server administration
* Group Policy
Experience of the following is desirable:
* Network security
* Microsoft Exchange
* Microsoft Hyper-V
* Microsoft SQL
* Storage servers, ideally EMC
* Minimum 'A' level or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years commercial experience
* Full U.K. Driving License
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
* The ability to multi-task
* Root cause analysis mind-set
* Problem ownership
* Good interpersonal skills
* Embracing new technologies
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in this role, do not delay, apply for this role today, sucessful candiates will be contacted within 48 hours (Monday to Friday).