Are you from a "DevOps" background using Linux and cloud based software such as AWS? If so, please read on, this could be the ideal next opportunity for you...My client, a highly reputable and established organisation based central Bristol are currently seeking a Senior IT Operations Engineer to join their growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are looking to expand on their skill set and enjoy an excellent work / life balance. This company also offers excellent routes for progression.
The Senior Operations Engineer will provide hands-on technical expertise and leadership to improve and develop Operations' systems and practices. Providing technical assistance and support to a team of engineers and other departments whose systems are maintained by the IT department.
Candidate Requirements -
* 5 years+ working in a "DevOps" environment that provides technical support, monitoring, and incident response.
* Min 5+ years' experience in configuring and managing Linux based infrastructure.
* Advanced cloud hosting expertise in AWS in an Enterprise environment including maintaining the following services - EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, CloudFormer, CloudWatch.
* Experienced in using automation to automate infrastructure tasks (Puppet, Chef etc)
* Experience with scripting including, but not limited to: PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, or Python
* Exposure to "DevOps" style working practices, developing and automating solutions related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery.
* Experience of use of code repositories such as Git.
* Experience working with VMware server virtualization.
* Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
* Experience managing network security monitoring, detection, and analysis tools, to include IDS, IPS, DLP, SEIM, etc.
If you have experience with the above requirements and are interested in making a progressive move with a fast growing company then please click 'apply now' to submit your updated CV. Alternatively you can contact me direct -
Do not delay, this is a great opportunity, not to be missed!