Senior Operations Supervisor
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Since 1947, Serco Middle East has been supporting governments to deliver public services across various sectors (Transport, Healthcare, Citizen Services and Defence), enabling transformation and ensuring the delivery of world class services. We are extremely proud of our partnerships with government and semi-government entities and what we continue to achieve together.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day contract service delivery during 24/7 of duty. The role requires the efficient management of all the service lines in the technical manpower contact including team attendance, rostering, relievers, leaves, upskilling, training, assessments, interviews, team communication, client communication while supervising the Contract Support Coordinator on work reporting, controlling, tracking, documentations. Responsibility for KPI delivery will be managed by this role, as is control of safe systems of work.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Client, emphasis on frequent, thorough, and professional communication on operations related matters
- Manage all upward reporting related to delivered services/ manpower as per the contract, such as financial and cost control, code and regulatory compliance, personnel management, staff training and development, team productivity, Health & Safety, environmental and energy management.
- Communicate operating philosophies, contracts information, objectives, and expectations to the employed all stakeholders engaged on the contract.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for each KPI to be achieved, escalation matrix for each KPI and all related management documentation with the Contract / General Manager approval.
- Develop a complete personal knowledge of the initiatives, operational alternatives and contingency plans related to all key elements within the contract.
- Develop and deliver weekly and monthly operational and KPIs reports.
- Responsible for all KPI's and obligations within the contract to ensure that the services are delivered on time, to the correct standards and within budget as per the contract requirements
- Conduct regular reviews of Information Security Performance and promote ways to improve security integrity
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Leading by example and, in conjunction with the Management Team and QHSE Team, ensure a proactive safety culture and zero harm at all levels of operations.
- Demonstrate good people management and interpersonal capability
- Client, stakeholders, and employee engagement will be an additional focus for the role
- Excellent communicator and motivator across multiple levels with a proven analytical capability and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience of the "Integrated Facilities Management" solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including word, excel and PowerPoint. Adaptable to use company systems as required to the operations
- Holder of a degree in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. electrical or mechanical or civil), preferably with qualifications in Facilities Management
- 7 years' minimum experience in working as an engineer in a building services engineering department within a facilities management organization
- 5 years minimum experience of managing multi-skilled maintenance team
- Technical and management competent.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do is important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do