Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials (expectation 2 days on site, 3 working from home but dependant on projects)
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
"Great company with wide and varied opportunities, lots of interesting projects and very talented people to learn from and grow from" Dec 2021 *Glassdoor review
"Dynamic, Agile company with good career opportunities" July 2021 *Glassdoor review
Responsible for providing Subject Matter Expertise to support delivery of both internal and customer funded projects & products. To provide support, guidance and expertise to internal project teams, business development teams, as well as via consultancy to third parties. Able to work within a general operational framework rather than in a closely directed environment.
- Technically lead & support delivery of both internal and customer funded projects & products.
- Directly support resolution of project technical issues within Engineering
- Work closely with project management and engineering teams to ensure projects' technical requirements are met
- Review and verification of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety, functionality and regulatory compliance
- Support customer technical engagement, via sales/business development functions
- Advising and mentoring junior team members, including graduates and apprentices.
- To carry out all work ethically, safely and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the nuclear industry
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- A higher level Physics/Applied Mathematics degree (Masters or equivalent level of experience in a scientific role)
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office incl. Excel & data analysis)
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Confident in own knowledge and understanding
- Able to make technically informed and balanced judgements
- Ideally membership of appropriate professional and industry bodies.
Knowledge and/or implementation experience in one of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Nuclear/Reactor Physics
- Nuclear Instrumentation
- Nuclear engineering
- Radiation Metrology
- Medical Physics
- Particle Physics
- Ultra High Vacuum
- Experience within a regulated industry (e.g. Nuclear, pharmaceutical, Aerospace, etc.) would be advantageous, but not required
For full information, please get in touch!