Senior Planner needed for M&E Hospital project in Birmingham.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior M&E Planner in Birmingham.
You will be working on an ongoing project at Birmingham Hospital, and you will be responsible for implementing the requirements of the tender and project planning procedures on site,
- Salary: up to £60,000 (depending on experience) + car / car allowance
It is expected as a Senior Planner you will have:
* Operational experience (site engineer/site agent) together with previous significant experience of planning services in small to medium sized projects within the construction and engineering industry
* Proficiency in the use of planning techniques and the required planning tools
* An understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
* An understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring
* An understanding of risk and opportunity management with reference to planning programming.
* An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, delay or change entitlement.
* An understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications.
* An understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring.
* Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming.
* An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, compensation event entitlement
* An understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements
Qualifications and Memberships
- Relevant CSCS Card
- An OND/HND in a relevant subject is desirable,
- Professional membership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
- Plus additional skills from the CSUK Planning Development and Gap Analysis
Senior Planner role:
- Responsible at tender stage reporting to the Planning Lead or Bid Manager for the range of activities involved in the project planning life cycle, which includes:
- Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance.
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations construction outputs and agree working hours with appropriate Estimator
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports.
- Producing the Tender Programme and supporting information in accordance with the tender requirements
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
- Reconciling company and sub-contract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues
Planner is accountable to the Planning/Project Lead for:
- Ensuring that the Contract Programme is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning procedures.
- The overall planning strategy and the timing & sequence of the Contract Programme activities
- The issue and communication of the Contract Programme to the Project Lead for onward issue to Client and Project Team
- Ensuring that all other project planning and programming necessary for the execution of the contract is properly undertaken.
- Provide support, as required to the BIM Co-ordinators to meet the project requirements or tender submission deliverables
- Set up appropriate lean visual programme to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
- Support the delivery of the CSUK Sustainability 2020 roadmap.
Please apply to be considered or contact Chris Logan at Matchtech for more details.