VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Salary: Competitive plus company car (or cash allowance)
Location: RAF Lakenheath, IP27 9PS (or RAF Fairford, RAF Alconbury, RAF Menwith Hill or RAF Croughton)
Type: Perm, Full-Time
We are seeking Senior Pre-construction Manager to manage the end-to-end Billable Works (Projects) process (concept-design-pricing-delivery-handover) for a programme of Billable Works within the area of remit, ensuring a high-quality output and that all works are delivered on time and within budget.
This is a site based role to cover USVF sites (RAF Lakenheath, RAF Alconbury, RAF Menwith Hill, RAF Croughton, RAF Fairford). You will be based from your nearest site but the role will involve travel between these sites.
- Responsible for developing the relevant pre-construction information upon project conception.
- Coordination of all relevant design aspects during the design stages of projects.
- Managing the risks to the client and the principal contractor.
- Development of the technical specification required for tenders.
- Carrying out evaluations of contractor proposals to ensure all aspects of the tender submission are covered and agreeing the commercial terms of engagement.
- Collation of all Designers risk assessment and ensure that the resolutions are added in design stages so upon the design freeze all risks are realised and managed to level being as low as reasonably practicable.
- Handing the project to the relevant project manager at delivery stage however maintaining support through to completion, assessing risks and managing accordingly.
- Ensuring that the variation process is managed as and when they arise through the projects duration.
- Oversee delivery of Billable Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks to achieve safe working, timely delivery and required quality and all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard
- Confer with local DIO representatives, the Local Customer Service Representative and the relevant Site Manager to agree scope, priorities and delivery programmes of Billable Works on a regular basis.
- Ensure all documentation relating to Billable Works are completed and distributed in a timely manner, including upload to the Sharepoint system
- Support end users and management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements to resolve end user issues, where possible, with a focus on supporting the MoD's carbon reduction targets.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Manage a team of Pre-construction Managers and third party PM's.
What you'll need to do the role:
Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Project Management including:
- Knowledge of the CDM regulations.
- The roles of the client, the principal designer and Principal Contractor.
- History of developing direct delivery capability.
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Stakeholder management
- Management of costs
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Application of the Safe Systems of Work
Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
Training and Qualifications:
- HNC/D level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g., SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g., Excel, Word, CAFM, Teams, SharePoint etc.)
Security clearance is required for our sites, successful applicants will be expected to achieve SC clearance as a condition of appointment into the role.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.