At Leonardo, we are looking for an Analog Engineer at Senior or Principal Level to join our team in Edinburgh. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK. We are recruiting talented, motivated engineers to join our growing Electronics team.
In addition to the flexible working patterns offered by Leonardo's custom working initiative, this role is also available on a part time basis.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
- Carers (employees who care for someone who is either older, disabled or seriously ill)
- Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
- Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
- Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
- We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
- Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
- Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring
- Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
- Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 12 flexi days
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit our website
What you will do
As an Analog Engineer you will:
- Requirements capture, interpretation and generation of design specifications
- Electronics schematic design, layout, and simulation
- Characterisation/Commission reports of Electronic designs
- Validation of designs against requirements
- Definition and generation of test plans
- Integration and validation at system level
- Preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Adherence to company governance and quality processes
What we are looking for
To be successful in this role, we require you to have the following skills:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent)
- Management of electronics design projects to achieve requirements within cost and time
- Use of Schematic Capture tools (Mentor Graphics, Proteus or equivalent)
- Ability to communicate technical information within the company and to customers
- Demonstrate evidence of good organisation, planning, cost control and execution of work
- Ability to work in a team with other engineering and science disciplines
- Effective and flexible communication and customer liaison skills
- Practical 'hands on' laboratory test, circuit construction and measurement experience
The following skills are desirable:
- Knowledge of device drivers and communication protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, USB, Camera Link).
- Experience of hardware design using FPGA devices
- Experience in designing with video bandwidth amplifiers for low noise applications
- Experience of working with Analogue to Digital converters
- Experience in undertaking component selection and de-rating analysis
- Ability to work to recognised standards, such as MIL-STD and IPC-610 specifications
- Practical soldering/workshop skills
- Ideally experience of working in the Defence Sector
We are relentless about inclusion. We understand an inclusive environment is one that welcomes everyone as they are. We see diversity as a strength.