Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.Want to Join a business who's capabilities address the highest classification levels of High Grade and Type 1 National Security, across a growing and thriving sector?
A reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
Brand new site for 2023! Onsite Café, Free parking, Table Tennis and more!
Full range of company benefits, flexible working, training, development and clear career progression!
This is a fantastic time to join as a Software Engineer, within a team who are growing, so there are multiple opportunities available from Junior - Principal Expertise!
The team are seeking a Software Engineer with experience in Software Development, in C (Embedded Software) or C++.
As a Software Engineer you will Define, architect, design, develop, document and test embedded and/or application software as part of a software engineering team. The team are a dynamic and forward thinking group of around of 5-20 engineers, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m!
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Proven experience in Software Development, in C (Embedded Software) or C++.
Experience of at least one of the following;
- Embedded product development (including bare-metal and RTOSes such as ThreadX, QNX or Linux)
- Embedded Linux application, kernel and/or driver development. C and C++
- Experience of best practice software development processes/lifecycles
- Experience of Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience of software testing and design for test
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of using version control, continuous integration and automated test tools and frameworks.
- Exposure to defensive coding techniques and standards such as MISRA.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends
- Experience of DOORS, RSA, Enterprise Architect, UML and SysML
For full information, please get in touch!