Senior Project Manager
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager and is working on ambitious projects in KSA. We drive operational and cost efficiency on key services through process improvement, innovation and transforming citizen experience.
The hiring for this role is subject to contract award.
The Project Manager (PM) will lead the team and have an overall responsibility for the delivery of consultancy services across the project. The Client has requested the services of a qualified consultancy team to provide advisory / strategic consultancy services in the development of their Facilities Management Plan across their numerous and variety of assets.
Serco will be delivering consultancy services as well as deliverables for a range of Facilities Management studies, models, RFPs, etc.
The Reason for the Role
In line with the wider group strategy, the contract will be the key catalyst in growing Serco's reputation and involvement with a high-profile client in KSA. The consultancy team's role and specifically the Project Manager's role is to support the Director of Advisory by leading and delivery of Serco's contractual obligations by ensuring the successful implementation of deliverables set forth.
- Responsible for performance oversight of all project work scope elements, associated deliverable development and submittal, and other contracted services.
- Represent client Serco, if required, to navigate through various technical and commercial deliverables
- Review work performance, project plans, and project schedules with the client program team. Lead any discussions associated with developing new work scope, modifying existing work scope, or updated the project plan, schedule, and associated budgets.
- Liaise with client, staff and external consultants at all levels in matters relating to project delivery.
- Manage and direct projects in accordance with Serco's strategic plan, with an emphasis on standardisation of policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly reports and attend monthly leadership meetings.
- Manage the collection, distribution and storage of information and reports with the supporting consultancy team.
- Ensure the timely and satisfactory management and resolution of complaints from the client and effective stakeholder management as well as conflict resolution, in accordance with Serco's policies
- Management of matrixed Serco resources from other business units and divisions,
- Responsible for contract delivery with client and management of consultancy team
- Hold meetings, discussions and agree on outlined deliverables
- Manage SMEs and team to develop business models that shall evaluate targeted contracts to be converted to FM and select the best business model that shall secure the best approach.
- Conduct series of workshops with client
- Provide tendering documents that are specific to the facilities of the client in so far as strategy, design and technical details and operating procedures manual and FM Strategy
- Prepare pre-tender cost estimates for each scope of service based on KSA market
- Provide a detailed transition strategy from the current service contracts to proposed FM Contract Model
- Develop, monitor and review all project lifecycle works for the contract
- Ensure satisfactory project execution in accordance with the appliable Serco Quality Assurance, HSE, and other programs and policies
- Timely address various ad hoc requests given by the client for variation work, VIP visits, etc.
- Provide advice to the Director of Advisory on the activities, developments and changes within the services covered under the Contract and their impact upon the provision of those services
- Monitoring of procedures and policies in order to recommend improvements
- Perform and carry out duties and respond to requests for assistance from the Serco Management team.
Key accountabilities People & Culture
- Provide direct line management for the project that report into the role,
- Set staffing levels in compliance with business specifications and monitor them, to enable the delivery of efficient and effective services
- Ongoing management of the Risk Management program
- Contribute towards the preparation of project budgets
- Meet agreed budgets (commitments) and business planning outcomes
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Information Management Systems (IMS) requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above;
- Use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco's controlled premises/systems
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties;
- Lead by example and innovate to conserve energy, water and resources, minimize the generation of waste and actively recycle waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- 15 years minimum experience in consultancy
- 5 years project management experience at a senior level within a business
- Knowledge of Facilities Management best practices
- Ideally experienced in large scale operations
- Proficient in the use of PC, spreadsheets and other software applications
- Knowledge of both international and local (KSA) statutory and legislated requirements
- Knowledge of international best practice in project management
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively communicate (in both oral and in written form) with all levels of management, employees, customers, contractors and other stakeholders;
- Ability to motivate, lead, manage change and work in a multi discipline and multi-functional team;
- Demonstrated commitment to the processes of continuous improvement and quality customer service;
- Proven financial management expertise, especially the ability meet budget objectives;
- Have led a diverse, multi-cultured, multi-disciplined workforce to achieve the work output and quality of services.
Degree holder of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification recognized in Project Management
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.