The EDM Quality Assurance team comprises of Highly skilled and experienced Testing professionals located in US, Europe and India. The team supports the high quality of software by independently verifying that software functionality conforms to business requirements using a combination of manual and technical testing techniques. The team is also responsible for verifying technical aspects of the implementation including the performance and scalability of the solution. Position summary
IHS Markit is seeking experienced testing professionals to join its EDM team. This position is a hands-on test build /execution role. It is a highly technical position and will require strong knowledge of automation and more specifically testing of microservices based architectures. We are looking for individuals that can lead, provide thought leadership, work in an agile manner and are passionate about technology.
Roles and Responsibilities Technical
- As a member of the core engineering team who should be able to define the next level of automation.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing automation test frameworks especially for a microservice based architecture.
- Experience in testing multi-tenant systems will be a plus
- Experience in testing container-based systems will be a plus
- Strong Experience in Test Automation Tool / Frameworks for example: Protractor / SPECFLOW
- Strong Experience in Docker, Ansible or Puppet
- Practical experience with Service Layer Testing including but not limited to Rest APIs, XML, JAXB, JSON in creating a layered system.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Design and Implement state-of-the-art Automation Framework (from scratch) for a microservices based Architecture using Specflow BDD framework
- Experienced in .Net based Automation framework using C#
- Build a framework for Contract Testing using tools like PACT / DREDD or equivalent
- Create overall Automation approach / Schedule and provide effort estimations for the microservices based Automation framework
- Implement the above frameworks in CI/CD environments / nightly runs in TeamCity/ GITLAB or Equivalent
- Must be Proficient in Selenium / Protractor or equivalent
- Strong Knowledge of Java Script framework such as NodeJS, Angular JS and Type Script
Business competencies Education & Experience
- Must have experience in implementing automation solutions within an Agile development lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
- A graduate / post graduates
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Solid technical background in implementing object-oriented systems
- Able to provide regular progress and status updates on your development tasks to your manager and peers
- Manage and track progress of ongoing items you depend on
- Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Great communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to report accurate test status and progress to the QA manager and other stakeholders
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with development and project team members globally to deliver high quality solutions to aggressive time frames.
Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards! Work Life Balance.
You can't do a good job if your job is all you do! Prepare for the Future.
Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers! Employee Assistance Program.
Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting. Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe! Internal Mobility.Grow with us! Benefits:
- Flexi Benefits (£1,500 to spend on tech, extra holiday, gym etc.)
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Sponsored / Wellbeing Days
- Life Cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Health Screen
- Eye Vouchers
- Business Travel Insurance
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.