VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: Covering South West Sites (Occasional travel around local sites required)
Term: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: Up to £65,000 (Depending on Experience) + Company Car/Allowance
As a key member of the VIVO Team, this role's primary purpose will be to provide Commercial support to the Regional & Area teams including Value for Money, Risk Management, Account verifications and Tender Management
- Comply with all Health and Safety and Sustainability policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with Client personnel involved directly or indirectly with the contract
- Provide business support to the Commercial Group. This will involve proactively facilitating our relationship with both internal and external customers by ensuring the completion of necessary commercial reports and documentation
- Deal directly with internal and external customers and where appropriate direct them to the appropriate contact or department to solve their queries
- Liaise with all staff including Area Managers, Site Managers, Project Managers and the Commercial Team
- Provide cost advice and support to Core Services and Billable Works
- Ensure contract processes and procedures are adhered to at all times, advising and supporting as required
- Attend Risk Meetings, review risk registers and follow risk management processes
- Identify business priorities and to plan work effectively, by building controls and milestones into plans and programmes
- Comply with business policy and procedures, supporting continual improvement
- Support Service Delivery and Billable Works to incorporate sustainable solutions and support the Sustainability programme incorporating the reduction of the carbon footprint and the reduction of utility consumption across the MoD estate
- Explore future possibilities and opportunities for improvement, support change initiatives and identify alternative solutions
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sustainability, quality and other statutory requirements
- Support Area Relationship Improvement Plan with DIO and area specific supply chain, in line with
- BS11000 Collaborative Business Relationships
- Support Health and Safety best practice and safety excellence
What you'll need to do the role:
- Commercial experience in construction, property maintenance or related field including:
- Developing cost models
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Preparation of work proposals/tenders
- Dispute resolution
- Excellent working knowledge of commercial processes
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Fraud prevention
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and a collaborative working environment
- Qualified to HND/Foundation Degree level in Quantity Surveying or significant equivalent experience to include;
- Job related experience providing the necessary knowledge, skill and abilities to be able to perform the function of the position of QS
- Experience in the commercial element of facilities management and/or commercial construction/refurbishments, either of large projects (£500k to £4.5m) or many smaller projects (£20k to £500k) running concurrently
- Work experience duration in the FM / Construction sector to be not less than 4 years, unless specific MOD experience exists, in which case 3 year minimum.
- Health & Safety Awareness Training
Nice To Have:
- Experience of operating in a military environment
- Familiarity of FDIS contracting requirements
- Evidence of CPD
- Membership of Professional Body
- Utility & Carbon Reduction Training
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.