Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
❓ Want to join a company with over 30 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and delivering highly bespoke simulator solutions?
🏆 Join a reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
❤ Join a team at an exciting time, at the start of re-defining their systems, with the opportunity to influence and shape the product!
The RF Integration and Test Engineer will lead the small team of engineers with the view to shape and change the expanding team as the business grows.
- RF component, sub unit, unit and system testing, full system integration, including factory acceptance testing and site acceptance testing with customers will form a significant part of this role.
- Liaising with project managers, software and hardware design engineers to ensure good cross-departmental information flow and to ensure tasks and problems are identified and communicated effectively.
- Production of design, test and tasking documentation within DOORS/JAMA requirements management tool, based on the V-Model design process.
- Define integration test Plans within the integration department with program managers this contributing to SCRUM planning.
- Reporting on integration progress and issues to the wider business.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Systems test engineering, design, and integration, particularly from a defence industry background.
- Good general knowledge in electronics hardware and real-time software development.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex system concepts to other team members.
- Great fault-finding skills to solve technical problems under pressure.
- Ability to operate modern Oscilloscopes and Spectrum Analysers.
- Ability to operate Vector/Phase Network Analysers and Logic Analysers an advantage.
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams and RF schematics.
- The ability triage system faults ensuring they are directed to the correct team for swift resolution within the company reporting tools.
- Ability to write good quality documentation within the company tool set, including a comprehensive understanding of requirements management and the V-Model process.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong self-management and organisation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- An appreciation of software and firmware approaches in complex systems