Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working Arrangements: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials. The role may involve travel to customer or other sites within the UK and occasional travel overseas.
The Senior Safety Engineer will provide safety engineering support to projects. Operate as a key member of the project team bringing experience in safety engineering to the team, whilst also supporting bid work by scoping the safety engineering tasks for the proposed work.
- Supporting the safety engineering aspects of projects.
- Drafting and estimating the safety engineering aspects of bid work.
- Applying appropriate safety engineering practice on projects.
- Generating and maintaining high quality safety documentation and gaining formal review approval for release.
- Use of systems engineering tools for safety requirements management
- Supporting representations of project safety engineering to the project or customer community.
- Advising or mentoring less-experienced team members, including graduates or apprentices, on safety engineering matters.
- Provide technical leadership in specified areas for the team and the company as a whole.
- Drafting concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications as required meeting the specific needs of the deployed equipment.
- Supporting other engineering or related disciplines as required, e.g. design, production or test.
- Contribution to ongoing development and improvement of engineering/business processes.
- Any other relevant duties as and when required.
- HND/Degree (or equivalent) qualified engineer, preferably in electrical/electronic engineering.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant institution would be an advantage.
- Experience of safety and systems engineering or design and in a safety regulated industry.
- Knowledge of safety system design in accordance with IEC 61508 or similar safety standards (IEC 61513, IEC 61226).
- Awareness of systems engineering processes, standards and methodologies (e.g., IEC 15288, UML). Including knowledge of product lifecycle management
- Knowledge of DOORS for requirements management.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of technical and business disciplines within industry.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the ONR SAPs and TAGs would be an advantage.
For full information, please get in touch!