Your new role
This is a part time role offering 18.5 hours per week.
National Highways Digital Services are embarking on a multimillion-pound transformation programme that will enable National Highways to transform the way it operates by delivering digital, data and technology services for the operational technology estate that supports the national road traffic system. To ensure we have the right capability and capacity we are looking to recruit a Senior Service Delivery Manager to join the Service Operations team in the operational technology (OT) space. The Service Operations team provide effective, efficient delivery and support of digital services by defining, planning, leading and delivering the IT and OT operations support strategy across the business in line with the overall Delivery Plan for National Highways.
As our new Senior Service Delivery Manager, you will lead technical ITIL aligned services implementing and enhancing new or changed services. You will drive a continual service improvement and innovation of the services under your management. You will deliver our business change, ensuring National Highways fulfils its traffic management goals and objectives.
We’re a diverse team, geographically spaced across the country and we pride ourselves on working collaboratively and going over and above to support our colleagues. If you’re a team player who produces high quality work, you’ll fit right in!
This role has the flexibility to be based from any of our National offices and can be undertaken predominantly remotely. Some travel is required for meetings, approximately once a month.
This is a part time role offering 18.5 hours per week. We are offering 4 working patterns that you can chose from:
- Monday-Friday half days
- Monday, Tuesday, and half day Wednesday
- Thursday, Friday, and half day Wednesday
- Monday and Friday, plus any other half day in the week
The hours worked each day, such as start and end times, are flexible. There will be an expectation you will be available for some core hours to enable collaboration.
What you will be leading on:
- Play an integral part within the service delivery team, contributing to the Digital Services objectives and delivering strategy. Drive forward the ITIL aligned services from both a business, supplier and people perspective. Buddy up and deputise when requested for other Service Delivery Services.
- Responsible for the delivery, management and maintenance of services and technology solutions assigned, maximising the benefits of the services provided for both National Highways and the road users.
- Identify, analyse and feed into the design and implementation of new opportunities which may include but not be limited to, new functionality, innovation or technological solutions which will meet the business need.
- Track and contribute to the continuous improvement of the services for which you and your team are accountable and responsible for delivering.
- Understand how changes to service impact the business from both a cost and resource perspective. Run impact assessments for new or changed services ensuring the correct level of support has been considered and any additional funding approved.
- Ensure that financial and compliance assurance is adhered to always. Ensure services operate within the agreed limits and boundaries. You will manage finances, escalate any new risks, and manage any approved mitigation.
- Ensure performance and quality reports are delivered complete and on time. These will include but not be limited to, system performance, availability, risks, issues, and any actions being taken to improve performance across the service under your management.
To be successful
- Experience leading complex technical, commercial and contractual services. Ability to communicate positive and negative information and apply innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Experience of successfully supporting projects. Able to work within a programme. Able to enhance and improve a real time operational service environment.
- Service delivery management in a technology driven environment. Able to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders and pull together disparate information into meaningful documents to show clear operational responsibility and accountability to meet service and contractual requirements.
- Strong experience with supplier and contract management. Able to improve supplier delivery through strong engagement and contract knowledge. Understands the value in tracking contract deliverables, ensure contracted items are being delivered and where necessary able to calculate and claim any service credits associated with failure.
- Makes data driven decisions to improve the service for the user and the business.
- Able to highlight and secure funding for delivery of innovation and improvements projects via the business case process, complies with procurement and governance regulations.
- Able to analyse current processes and identify opportunities to optimise processes. Drives continual service improvements.
- ITILv3 or ITILv4 certified or significant demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Degree qualification or demonstrable experience in a relevant technical area: electrical engineering, telecommunications, traffic technology, computer systems or related technologies.
- Work to agreed timelines, goals and deliverables. Manage challenges in a positive constructive and responsive way. Communicate clearly with transparency and integrity.
A bit about us
Digital Services is a growing and vibrant team and there has never been a better time to join us as we go through our transformation programme. We are helping to transform the way National Highways operates by delivering digital, data and technology services from frontline to back office, in a modern and efficient way. ? Our vision is to develop integrated information and technology that empowers our colleagues and provides real time information to our customers, integration with intelligent vehicle and transport systems as they develop, to improve journey safety and reliability. ?
Want to know more?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting REQ3997
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
An informal blended working approach has been adopted for many of our roles across National Highways. We offer many different ways to work flexibly and we’re open to discuss part-time working, job shares, and flexible start and finish times.
Please wait until the interview stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires